The Student Room Group

What Should I Do??? Not got the right subjects helppp!

Hey. I failed 2 subjects that I need for my uni course - Physics and Biology.

They school are not letting me re do them and saying I have to do BTEC Applied Science and Sociology!!!! I am really annoyed. I have been told that I am not going to be allowed on the course as it is not in my best interest. I really want to be a Radiologist. What should I do? I can't get in any other school in my area!!!1
Original post by Thaddeus!
Hey. I failed 2 subjects that I need for my uni course - Physics and Biology.

They school are not letting me re do them and saying I have to do BTEC Applied Science and Sociology!!!! I am really annoyed. I have been told that I am not going to be allowed on the course as it is not in my best interest. I really want to be a Radiologist. What should I do? I can't get in any other school in my area!!!1

This isn't what you want to hear right now, but if you tried your best at Physics and Biology and still failed then the school are correct in saying it would not be a good idea to redo them. Taking alternative subjects that you would be able to get better grades in might allow you to be a radiology technician or similar, even if you can't be a full radiologist.

If you didn't try at AS level for those subjects, then you need to explain your situation to your school and say why you would try much harder this year. However, having failed the course the first time, the school is perfectly entitled to not allow you to continue.
Reply 2
Original post by LeFailFish
This isn't what you want to hear right now, but if you tried your best at Physics and Biology and still failed then the school are correct in saying it would not be a good idea to redo them. Taking alternative subjects that you would be able to get better grades in might allow you to be a radiology technician or similar, even if you can't be a full radiologist.

If you didn't try at AS level for those subjects, then you need to explain your situation to your school and say why you would try much harder this year. However, having failed the course the first time, the school is perfectly entitled to not allow you to continue.

Could I self teach and sit the exams at an other college? Would Unis still accept them?
Original post by Thaddeus!
Could I self teach and sit the exams at an other college? Would Unis still accept them?

Yes, universities accept self-taught A-levels. You would have to register for the exams and EMPA's/ ISA's at an external centre but that shouldn't be too difficult to do (I don't have any personal experience of it but plenty of people on here seem to). Self-teaching will likely be harder than being taught at a school or college, but it will at least allow you to take the subjects you want.
I progressed onto A2 but unfortunately i didnt do well in Biology.

I'm going to self teach myself AS bio whilst I study my A2's at college. It's possible all you have to do is be motivated. So insist that your're willing to pay the fees required.

Quick Reply

Latest