OCR Religious Studies (B) Exams (B601, B602, B603, B604) Watch

FantasticMsFox
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Did anyone sit the OCR Religious Studies Exams?

(Philosophy 1, Philosophy 2, Ethics 1, Ethics 2)

If you did:
— Did you find any of them easy?
— Did you find any of them hard?
— Did you revise a lot or a little?
— Was there any topic that you loved revising?
— Did you ENJOY any of them?

Post your overall grade if you want to.

---------------------------------------------

I found all 4 exams equally difficult. I still enjoyed it, though.

In terms of revision, I'm sure I poured my heart out. That was probably at the price of my Science grade...

I really enjoyed revising Unit B604 (Ethics 2 - Peace and justice, equality, media).

I enjoyed all of my Religious Studies exams. I'm very passionate about this subject and would like to continue it as an A-Level in college.

Overall Grade (Religious Studies): A
FantasticMsFox
Rep:
?
...Did NO ONE sit this OCR exam??
Leah910
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FantasticMsFox)
Did anyone sit the OCR Religious Studies Exams?

(Philosophy 1, Philosophy 2, Ethics 1, Ethics 2)

If you did:
— Did you find any of them easy?
— Did you find any of them hard?
— Did you revise a lot or a little?
— Was there any topic that you loved revising?
— Did you ENJOY any of them?

Post your overall grade if you want to.

---------------------------------------------

I found all 4 exams equally difficult. I still enjoyed it, though.

In terms of revision, I'm sure I poured my heart out. That was probably at the price of my Science grade...

I really enjoyed revising Unit B604 (Ethics 2 - Peace and justice, equality, media).

I enjoyed all of my Religious Studies exams. I'm very passionate about this subject and would like to continue it as an A-Level in college.

Overall Grade (Religious Studies): A

I did the ocr re exam a few years bk...
I preferred ethics over philosophy, because I found it more interesting (and I remember always doing ethical debates in class)
I revised quite a bit (especially since I lost my re folder which my re teacher went ballistic over lol, so I had to rely on someone else's notes..)
the topic i liked revising was about abortion and the different ethical views on it. 'for and against' etc.
I ended up getting B overall (which for me is quite good considering the fact, lol and gave my re teacher a shock)

Just like you I quite liked RE and decided to take it as one of my A-levels, I did quite well at it at first... but then after while I started to find it more and more difficult, which i then eventuallly dropped in the end.. but i think that is personally due to fact of me not preparing myself to the realisation of the massive contrast between GCSE and A-level, but being as you got 'A' im sure you may find it easier then i did, (so i hope i haven't put you off), and good luck if you choose to take it on at A-level
FantasticMsFox
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leah910)
I did the ocr re exam a few years bk...
I preferred ethics over philosophy, because I found it more interesting (and I remember always doing ethical debates in class)
I revised quite a bit (especially since I lost my re folder which my re teacher went ballistic over lol, so I had to rely on someone else's notes..)
the topic i liked revising was about abortion and the different ethical views on it. 'for and against' etc.
I ended up getting B overall (which for me is quite good considering the fact, lol and gave my re teacher a shock)

Just like you I quite liked RE and decided to take it as one of my A-levels, I did quite well at it at first... but then after while I started to find it more and more difficult, which i then eventuallly dropped in the end.. but i think that is personally due to fact of me not preparing myself to the realisation of the massive contrast between GCSE and A-level, but being as you got 'A' im sure you may find it easier then i did, (so i hope i haven't put you off), and good luck if you choose to take it on at A-level
Oh, ok...a few years back. I'm not sure if the boundaries have changed in the past 2 or 3 years.

Yes, I prefer Ethics over Philosophy. One reason is because there's a lot of controversial topics and I love those. Another reason is because I got a very high grade for both Ethics exams. I don't intend to brag, but I got A* grades for the Ethics exams...and I have no idea how!

QUESTION: Could I ask OCR if I could see both of my Ethics papers?

I think that for RE revision, questions from past papers is key. My great RE teacher made us a booklet full of 3 mark, 6 mark and 12 mark questions that were from past papers. We also did For and Against arguments tables when we revised 12 mark questions in class.

Yes, I think abortion was interesting too. Like I said in my previous posts, I absolutely LOVED revising for both Ethics exams.

B grade overall is good, trust me. My weakness is time management, so I really was not expecting an A grade overall, never mind A* grades for both Ethics exams. I guess my 50% extra time really did help (my thought processing speed is quite slow), but my hands ACHED at the end!

I'm not sure how I'll find A-Level Religious Studies. I hope that the college I'm going to has OCR as its RS Exam Board. Nope, you haven't put me off. I loved RE at GCSE level and I'm sure I'll love it more at A-level. Thank you for the wishes.

I'm also taking A-Level English Literature, BTEC Certificate Law and A-Level Sociology.
Leah910
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh, ok...a few years back. I'm not sure if the boundaries have changed in the past 2 or 3 years.

Yes, I prefer Ethics over Philosophy. One reason is because there's a lot of controversial topics and I love those. Another reason is because I got a very high grade for both Ethics exams. I don't intend to brag, but I got A* grades for the Ethics exams...and I have no idea how!

QUESTION: Could I ask OCR if I could see both of my Ethics papers?

I think that for RE revision, questions from past papers is key. My great RE teacher made us a booklet full of 3 mark, 6 mark and 12 mark questions that were from past papers. We also did For and Against arguments tables when we revised 12 mark questions in class.

Yes, I think abortion was interesting too. Like I said in my previous posts, I absolutely LOVED revising for both Ethics exams.

B grade overall is good, trust me. My weakness is time management, so I really was not expecting an A grade overall, never mind A* grades for both Ethics exams. I guess my 50% extra time really did help (my thought processing speed is quite slow), but my hands ACHED at the end!

I'm not sure how I'll find A-Level Religious Studies. I hope that the college I'm going to has OCR as its RS Exam Board. Nope, you haven't put me off. I loved RE at GCSE level and I'm sure I'll love it more at A-level. Thank you for the wishes.

I'm also taking A-Level English Literature, BTEC Certificate Law and A-Level Sociology.
Yh im sure you can ask ocr if you can look at your papers, but i think you have to pay ... you could also try the ocr website and others where you can use the 'past paper material finder'...
FantasticMsFox
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leah910)
Yh im sure you can ask ocr for your papers back, but i think you have to pay to get them back... you could also try the ocr website and others where you can use the 'past paper material finder'...
Ok, thank you 😊. Have a nice day.
GrandMasti
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok, thank you ������. Have a nice day.
I did OCR RE this year! I got an A* (don't know how though.. i literally started cramming info a couple of days before the exam lool).

I generally thought Ethics was easier than Philosophy. Philosophy had some oddly worded 12 mark questions like 'Bad people never do good things' (Good and Evil).
FantasticMsFox
Rep:
?
(Original post by GrandMasti)
I did OCR RE this year! I got an A* (don't know how though.. i literally started cramming info a couple of days before the exam lool).

I generally thought Ethics was easier than Philosophy. Philosophy had some oddly worded 12 mark questions like 'Bad people never do good things' (Good and Evil).
You got an A* grade? That's wonderful! Congratulations! 😄

I poured my heart and soul out into my revision, but I think it did seem like I was cramming at times. A lot of RE revision came at the price of my Additional Science grade (C grade)...but I think it was worth it! (Sorry, Year 11 Science teacher...)

Yes, Ethics did feel a lot easier than Philosophy! Maybe it's because most things we learn in the Ethics units are common things OR we can relate to a few of them in some way. I don't know how to explain it, but that's the best way I can explain it.

Yes, that Philosophy question was confusing. There was a 12 mark Ethics question about relationships...I can't remember it. I think it was something to do with a happy marriage. The wording was very odd.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.52%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.67%
No, but I want to start (189)
36%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.24%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.57%