The Student Room Group

OCR Religious Studies (B) Exams (B601, B602, B603, B604)

Did anyone sit the OCR Religious Studies Exams?

(Philosophy 1, Philosophy 2, Ethics 1, Ethics 2)

If you did:
Did you find any of them easy?
Did you find any of them hard?
Did you revise a lot or a little?
Was there any topic that you loved revising?
Did you ENJOY any of them?

Post your overall grade if you want to.

---------------------------------------------

I found all 4 exams equally difficult. I still enjoyed it, though.

In terms of revision, I'm sure I poured my heart out. That was probably at the price of my Science grade...

I really enjoyed revising Unit B604 (Ethics 2 - Peace and justice, equality, media).

I enjoyed all of my Religious Studies exams. I'm very passionate about this subject and would like to continue it as an A-Level in college.

Overall Grade (Religious Studies): A
...Did NO ONE sit this OCR exam??
Reply 2
Original post by FantasticMsFox
Did anyone sit the OCR Religious Studies Exams?

(Philosophy 1, Philosophy 2, Ethics 1, Ethics 2)

If you did:
Did you find any of them easy?
Did you find any of them hard?
Did you revise a lot or a little?
Was there any topic that you loved revising?
Did you ENJOY any of them?

Post your overall grade if you want to.

---------------------------------------------

I found all 4 exams equally difficult. I still enjoyed it, though.

In terms of revision, I'm sure I poured my heart out. That was probably at the price of my Science grade...

I really enjoyed revising Unit B604 (Ethics 2 - Peace and justice, equality, media).

I enjoyed all of my Religious Studies exams. I'm very passionate about this subject and would like to continue it as an A-Level in college.

Overall Grade (Religious Studies): A

I did the ocr re exam a few years bk...
I preferred ethics over philosophy, because I found it more interesting (and I remember always doing ethical debates in class)
I revised quite a bit (especially since I lost my re folder :colondollar: which my re teacher went ballistic over lol, so I had to rely on someone else's notes..)
the topic i liked revising was about abortion and the different ethical views on it. 'for and against' etc.
I ended up getting B overall (which for me is quite good considering the fact, lol and gave my re teacher a shock)

Just like you I quite liked RE and decided to take it as one of my A-levels, I did quite well at it at first... but then after while I started to find it more and more difficult, which i then eventuallly dropped in the end.. but i think that is personally due to fact of me not preparing myself to the realisation of the massive contrast between GCSE and A-level, but being as you got 'A' im sure you may find it easier then i did, (so i hope i haven't put you off), and good luck if you choose to take it on at A-level :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Leah910
I did the ocr re exam a few years bk...
I preferred ethics over philosophy, because I found it more interesting (and I remember always doing ethical debates in class)
I revised quite a bit (especially since I lost my re folder :colondollar: which my re teacher went ballistic over lol, so I had to rely on someone else's notes..)
the topic i liked revising was about abortion and the different ethical views on it. 'for and against' etc.
I ended up getting B overall (which for me is quite good considering the fact, lol and gave my re teacher a shock)

Just like you I quite liked RE and decided to take it as one of my A-levels, I did quite well at it at first... but then after while I started to find it more and more difficult, which i then eventuallly dropped in the end.. but i think that is personally due to fact of me not preparing myself to the realisation of the massive contrast between GCSE and A-level, but being as you got 'A' im sure you may find it easier then i did, (so i hope i haven't put you off), and good luck if you choose to take it on at A-level :smile:

Oh, ok...a few years back. I'm not sure if the boundaries have changed in the past 2 or 3 years.

Yes, I prefer Ethics over Philosophy. One reason is because there's a lot of controversial topics and I love those. Another reason is because I got a very high grade for both Ethics exams. I don't intend to brag, but I got A* grades for the Ethics exams...and I have no idea how!

QUESTION: Could I ask OCR if I could see both of my Ethics papers?

I think that for RE revision, questions from past papers is key. My great RE teacher made us a booklet full of 3 mark, 6 mark and 12 mark questions that were from past papers. We also did For and Against arguments tables when we revised 12 mark questions in class.

Yes, I think abortion was interesting too. Like I said in my previous posts, I absolutely LOVED revising for both Ethics exams.

B grade overall is good, trust me. My weakness is time management, so I really was not expecting an A grade overall, never mind A* grades for both Ethics exams. I guess my 50% extra time really did help (my thought processing speed is quite slow), but my hands ACHED at the end!

I'm not sure how I'll find A-Level Religious Studies. I hope that the college I'm going to has OCR as its RS Exam Board. Nope, you haven't put me off. I loved RE at GCSE level and I'm sure I'll love it more at A-level. Thank you for the wishes.

I'm also taking A-Level English Literature, BTEC Certificate Law and A-Level Sociology.
Reply 4
Oh, ok...a few years back. I'm not sure if the boundaries have changed in the past 2 or 3 years.

Yes, I prefer Ethics over Philosophy. One reason is because there's a lot of controversial topics and I love those. Another reason is because I got a very high grade for both Ethics exams. I don't intend to brag, but I got A* grades for the Ethics exams...and I have no idea how!

QUESTION: Could I ask OCR if I could see both of my Ethics papers?

I think that for RE revision, questions from past papers is key. My great RE teacher made us a booklet full of 3 mark, 6 mark and 12 mark questions that were from past papers. We also did For and Against arguments tables when we revised 12 mark questions in class.

Yes, I think abortion was interesting too. Like I said in my previous posts, I absolutely LOVED revising for both Ethics exams.

B grade overall is good, trust me. My weakness is time management, so I really was not expecting an A grade overall, never mind A* grades for both Ethics exams. I guess my 50% extra time really did help (my thought processing speed is quite slow), but my hands ACHED at the end!

I'm not sure how I'll find A-Level Religious Studies. I hope that the college I'm going to has OCR as its RS Exam Board. Nope, you haven't put me off. I loved RE at GCSE level and I'm sure I'll love it more at A-level. Thank you for the wishes.

I'm also taking A-Level English Literature, BTEC Certificate Law and A-Level Sociology.

Yh im sure you can ask ocr if you can look at your papers, but i think you have to pay :s-smilie:... you could also try the ocr website and others where you can use the 'past paper material finder'...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Leah910
Yh im sure you can ask ocr for your papers back, but i think you have to pay to get them back... you could also try the ocr website and others where you can use the 'past paper material finder'...

Ok, thank you 😊. Have a nice day.
Ok, thank you ������. Have a nice day.

I did OCR RE this year! I got an A* (don't know how though.. i literally started cramming info a couple of days before the exam lool).

I generally thought Ethics was easier than Philosophy. Philosophy had some oddly worded 12 mark questions like 'Bad people never do good things' (Good and Evil). :wink:
Original post by GrandMasti
I did OCR RE this year! I got an A* (don't know how though.. i literally started cramming info a couple of days before the exam lool).

I generally thought Ethics was easier than Philosophy. Philosophy had some oddly worded 12 mark questions like 'Bad people never do good things' (Good and Evil). :wink:

You got an A* grade? That's wonderful! Congratulations! 😄

I poured my heart and soul out into my revision, but I think it did seem like I was cramming at times. A lot of RE revision came at the price of my Additional Science grade (C grade)...but I think it was worth it! (Sorry, Year 11 Science teacher...)

Yes, Ethics did feel a lot easier than Philosophy! Maybe it's because most things we learn in the Ethics units are common things OR we can relate to a few of them in some way. I don't know how to explain it, but that's the best way I can explain it.

Yes, that Philosophy question was confusing. There was a 12 mark Ethics question about relationships...I can't remember it. I think it was something to do with a happy marriage. The wording was very odd.

Quick Reply

Latest