Oasiis61
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey everyone,
So I got my gcse ict results today. I got 2 A's on the coursework and a C on the exam. My final grade was a B. I'm only in Y9 but In the future I want to job to do with computers. Is a B good enough. Can someone please explain everything to me? Thank you very much!!!
usycool1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Oasiis61)
Hey everyone,
So I got my gcse ict results today. I got 2 A's on the coursework and a C on the exam. My final grade was a B. I'm only in Y9 but In the future I want to job to do with computers. Is a B good enough. Can someone please explain everything to me? Thank you very much!!!
A B grade is very good!

You said you wanted us to explain everything for you...that's quite an open question! Is there anything in particular that you want explaining?
Oasiis61
Rep:
?
(Original post by usycool1)
A B grade is very good!

You said you wanted us to explain everything for you...that's quite an open question! Is there anything in particular that you want explaining?

Haha sorry and well if I get into uni what will they think of the B? And what things could I do with a B?
Thanks!!!
usycool1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
Haha sorry and well if I get into uni what will they think of the B? And what things could I do with a B?
Thanks!!!
Any specific courses/uni's you're thinking of applying for? Most should be fine with it - as I said, a B grade is very good!
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey everyone,
It depends. Do you want to be a programmer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
KittyRe-play
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A B is good but it depends what specific computing sector you want to go into?
Oasiis61
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replys. Well I'm not so sure at the moment. But what courses do you think I could do in A Levels/uni? Thank you.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks for the replys. Well I'm not so sure at the moment. But what courses do you think I could do in A Levels/uni? Thank you.
Depending on your maths GCSE grade you could do a computer science A level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oasiis61
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Andy98;49728947]Depending on your maths GCSE grade you could do a computer science A level

Hey, exactly is Computer Science? And what grade would I need in maths? Thanks.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=Oasiis61;49729675]
(Original post by Andy98)
Depending on your maths GCSE grade you could do a computer science A level

Hey, exactly is Computer Science? And what grade would I need in maths? Thanks.
You'd need an A in maths. Computer science is where you learn how to programme and stuff like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oasiis61
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Andy98;49729965][QUOTE=Oasiis61;49729675]

You'd need an A in maths. Computer science is where you learn how to programme and stuff like that

Okk thanks, what about ICT at A Level? Would you recommend that? What do you need to do that? thanks, also do you think a B in ict is good at GCSE? Thank you.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=Oasiis61;49730537][QUOTE=Andy98;49729965]

Okk thanks, what about ICT at A Level? Would you recommend that? What do you need to do that? thanks, also do you think a B in ict is good at GCSE? Thank you.
I'm not too sure about ICT at A level. I think you need an in GCSE ICT for that. ICT will be easier, but computer science is the better qualification. Personally, I find ICT to be stupidly easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oasiis61
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Andy98;49730939][QUOTE=Oasiis61;49730537][QUOTE=Andy98;49729965]

I'm not too sure about ICT at A level. I think you need an in GCSE ICT for that. ICT will be easier, but computer science is the better qualification. Personally, I find ICT to be stupidly easy

Okay thank you. Still can't believe I got a B overall :c considering I got an A on my mock exam, and got a C on the real exam. I really wanted an A/A*, do you think B is still okay and does it really matter? THANKS!
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=Oasiis61;49731871][QUOTE=Andy98;49730939][QUOTE=Oasiis61;49730537]
(Original post by Andy98)

Okay thank you. Still can't believe I got a B overall :c considering I got an A on my mock exam, and got a C on the real exam. I really wanted an A/A*, do you think B is still okay and does it really matter? THANKS!
Yeah, a B is OK but I would've been a bit disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oasiis61
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Andy98;49732501][QUOTE=Oasiis61;49731871][QUOTE=Andy98;49730939][QUOTE=Oasiis61;49730537]

Yeah I'm disappointed. But I've just gotta move on eh? Does it really matter I got a B instead of a A? If so why? Thank you
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=Oasiis61;49732741][QUOTE=Andy98;49732501][QUOTE=Oasiis61;49731871][QUOTE=Andy98;49730939]

Yeah I'm disappointed. But I've just gotta move on eh? Does it really matter I got a B instead of a A? If so why? Thank you
Well yeah - you'd probably need an A to get into a computer related course at college

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oasiis61
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Andy98;49732929][QUOTE=Oasiis61;49732741][QUOTE=Andy98;49732501][QUOTE=Oasiis61;49731871][QUOTE=Andy98;49730939]

Well yeah - you'd probably need an A to get into a computer related course at college

Omg really?!! What about Uni???
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Omg really?!! What about Uni???
If you have a good A level you should be OK

Posted from TSR Mobile
purplelamp
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't worry about a B I got a B despite getting an A in all of my ICT work, but then my science and RE pulled it down (I done the ICT Higher Diploma so they counted) then I went on and done ICT at college and got a B overall in that too, which is enough to get into uni so I wouldn't worry
If programming etc is more your thing though maybe doing computing at A Level would be better for you? You do a lot of programming and ICT A Level is more expanding on your knowledge in all aspects. Hope this helps and congrats on your results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oasiis61
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=purplelamp;49746171]I wouldn't worry about a B I got a B despite getting an A in all of my ICT work, but then my science and RE pulled it down (I done the ICT Higher Diploma so they counted) then I went on and done ICT at college and got a B overall in that too, which is enough to get into uni so I wouldn't worry
If programming etc is more your thing though maybe doing computing at A Level would be better for you? You do a lot of programming and ICT A Level is more expanding on your knowledge in all aspects. Hope this helps and congrats on your results

Thank you! And congrats on the B!! So I guess a B overall at GCSE is fine then? Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads