The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Never even heard of them, which might say a lot actually. However, it all depends on the subject when it comes to the university.

I assume you actually visited the university? If not, you should.
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Original post by JRFishers
Never even heard of them, which might say a lot actually. However, it all depends on the subject when it comes to the university.

I assume you actually visited the university? If not, you should.

i havent visited them but i accpted them through clearing if i decide i dont want to can i be released back into clearing?
Original post by TheGameOfScience
i havent visited them but i accpted them through clearing if i decide i dont want to can i be released back into clearing?

I am not sure, if you chose them and then they accepted you that may count as a legal agreement.

You would have to check with UCAS but I don't think it would be easy going back into clearing if they have already accepted you, sorry.

If you really don't like it their, it is also possible to try very hard and get good results in your first year which may open up the possibility of transferring to another university. This isn't always applicable though as it depends on the university, the course, and if other universities are looking for students with your A-Level results.
I am not sure, if you chose them and then they accepted you that may count as a legal agreement.

You would have to check with UCAS but I don't think it would be easy going back into clearing if they have already accepted you, sorry.

If you really don't like it their, it is also possible to try very hard and get good results in your first year which may open up the possibility of transferring to another university. This isn't always applicable though as it depends on the university, the course, and if other universities are looking for students with your A-Level results.

but if i didnt want to go there now could i cancel it and apply next year for university or do i have to go this year? can i decide not to go university this year?
Roehampton's a pretty rubbish university. At last check it was somewhere around 100 on the league table. It looks like a school from the outside, if you're driving past, you blink and it's gone. Apply somewhere else?
but if i didnt want to go there now could i cancel it and apply next year for university or do i have to go this year? can i decide not to go university this year?

You could tell them you want to take a gap year but they would still expect you to go after the gap year, you would have to look on UCAS and the university website to learn more about gap years.

If you tell them you don't want to go to university I doubt they will let you then apply for another university, you will need to see if UCAS will allow you to decline that offer through clearing and go into it again.

Sorry I can't help much, but university applications and especially clearing can be a complicated process :L
Original post by grace1011
Roehampton's a pretty rubbish university. At last check it was somewhere around 100 on the league table. It looks like a school from the outside, if you're driving past, you blink and it's gone. Apply somewhere else?

the only thing is roehampton university has higher grade prospects for biology than queen mary :s-smilie:
No, it's what most people would define as a "bad" university.
You could tell them you want to take a gap year but they would still expect you to go after the gap year, you would have to look on UCAS and the university website to learn more about gap years.

If you tell them you don't want to go to university I doubt they will let you then apply for another university, you will need to see if UCAS will allow you to decline that offer through clearing and go into it again.

Sorry I can't help much, but university applications and especially clearing can be a complicated process :L

argh man i am so worried, on the confirmation letter on ucas it said that if i decide not to go or decline i cant apply until the next cycle which means i wont be able to apply to another university, but i read that if i can persuade them or something by saying that my insurance has accepted me so that they release me back into clearing, do you think i should just decline it and not go university this year and maybe go next year?
Original post by DylanJ96

why does it have higher grade prospects than queen mary, i'm so confused

and what about middlesex/westminister/uel what do think these universities?
argh man i am so worried, on the confirmation letter on ucas it said that if i decide not to go or decline i cant apply until the next cycle which means i wont be able to apply to another university, but i read that if i can persuade them or something by saying that my insurance has accepted me so that they release me back into clearing, do you think i should just decline it and not go university this year and maybe go next year?

Yes, if you really don't want to go just re-enter next year. Don't take it as a year off though, do something productive because universities will ask how you spent your gap year and if you don't have anything productive it doesn't look good.
why does it have higher grade prospects than queen mary, i'm so confused

I have no idea on that one, don't know what you mean by "grade prospects" to be honest. But Queen Mary, University of London would be a "better" choice. Sorry if I sound mean by saying it's what most people would consider a "bad" university but I'm just trying to truthfully answer the question. :smile:
Yes, if you really don't want to go just re-enter next year. Don't take it as a year off though, do something productive because universities will ask how you spent your gap year and if you don't have anything productive it doesn't look good.

ok thanks for the advice, can i ask you another question though, what do you think of middlesex/westminister/uel as compared to roehampton?
I have no idea on that one, don't know what you mean by "grade prospects" to be honest. But Queen Mary, University of London would be a "better" choice. Sorry if I sound mean by saying it's what most people would consider a "bad" university but I'm just trying to truthfully answer the question. :smile:

its ok :smile: i meant graduate prospects
and what about middlesex/westminister/uel what do think these universities?

I think most people would consider UEL to be a "bad" university and the others to be better but not by much.
I know how it feels to only be considering what most people class as 'bad' universities. Go where you like the look of, and do it fast, you only have a couple of weeks to figure out the uni and accommodation and get everything sorted.
ok thanks for the advice, can i ask you another question though, what do you think of middlesex/westminister/uel as compared to roehampton?

What grades did you get?

I am not sure, I haven't looked into any of those universities, personally I looked at some of the university leader boards for my chosen subject and then go to the website of all the ones you like the look at and choose ones you can get the results for, then go visit them as well.

Visiting the university is really important, my 3rd choose university became my 1st choice after I visited all of them..

Also it depends on what you want to do after your degree, get a job or go into research? I am also doing a science degree, starting this year, and I knew I want to go into a career after university so I looked at universities which promote placements and have good links with industry because they sometimes set you up with a job once you finish your degree..

Latest