The Student Room Group

OCR B713B Is a coursework resit possible?

Hi guys,

Writing for my sister here:

Due to her teacher starting our coursework a week before the end of the school year and a few clerical errors, she really messed up her GCSE 'Science B: Sci Cntrld Assmnt Pmod' and came out with a 65 (C) grade when she needed a B in order to get into the sixth form of her choice.

She is in year 10 so will have another year of schooling to go, but her school is intent on her going on to do Further Science in Year 11, a concept that she's worried about as she'd much prefer to resit her core Science instead! She has been told that if she wanted to do this then she will have to follow it up in her own time.

Here is all her information regarding her grade:

OCR J261 SCIENCE B C 266 40
OCR B711H SCIENCE B: SCI MODULES B1, C1, P1 Hgh 99 B
OCR B712H SCIENCE B: SCI MODULES B2, C2, P2 Hgh 102 C
OCR B713B SCIENCE B: SCI CNTRLD ASSMNT PMOD 65 C

Are any resits possible? I've contacted the school previously and they're notorious for making information incredibly difficult to get access to of this nature, so I'm trying to gather as much about the topic before I make an appointment.

If resits are possible, which one would be best for her to do? If memory serves I'm thinking it would be easier for her to sit the B712H exam than the coursework?

Thanks in advance everyone.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest