Will I be offered a place to do physiotherapy with BBCC at AS level? Watch

sam4xx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have done my AS exams and got a B in spanish B in chemistry C in biology and C in geography. My predicted for AS and A2 were A/B and then C for chemistry. I know I could have worked harder for these AS exams as I only started revising a few days before for each exam. I'm going to drop geography (I got an A in the physical and D in the human exam) and will retake the second biology exam, first chemistry, second geography and the written paper for spanish (to try to bring it up to an A as I will be a year better at the language next year)
Will I be offered a place for doing physiotherapy when the entry requirements are AAB or ABB? I really want to go to Kings College, I'm aiming high to try to motivate and push myself. So if I retake those above AS exams and work really hard for A2 is it possible? My other choices are Nottingham, UEA and haven't decided the other two. Maybe Liverpool. St George's London? Anyone who does physio can you give me advise and is St George's good?
jambojim97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can boost BBC up to AAB, so with an outstanding PS you should be fine.
sam4xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by jambojim97)
You can boost BBC up to AAB, so with an outstanding PS you should be fine.
What would I have to get at A2 to make it AAB overall?
jambojim97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sam4xx)
What would I have to get at A2 to make it AAB overall?
High A's/A*s in ALL your A2 modules. Will take a lot of hard work but you could certainly make the grades! Also, another approach would be to resit modules you fudged up in, which will boost your overall AS grades. Then, theoretically speaking, solid As and Bs will cut the mustard in A2 modules.

Good luck.
sam4xx
Rep:
?
High A's/A*s in ALL your A2 modules. Will take a lot of hard work but you could certainly make the grades! Also, another approach would be to resit modules you fudged up in, which will boost your overall AS grades. Then, theoretically speaking, solid As and Bs will cut the mustard in A2 modules.

Good luck.
Thanks. I just don't know whether i'm able to get grades that high. I know I am capable but I don't know what came over me after GCSE's I just don't put in enough effort. I didn't put that much effort in for GCSE's and got 6 A*s 3 As and a B and the A*s were in the subjects i'm doing now apart from the A was in biology. When should I start revising for my A2s and when should I start revising for my resits? Ahh I think the B for chemistry is low. What if I get Bs next year, what would 3 Bs at AS and 3 Bs at A2 average out as?
jambojim97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks. I just don't know whether i'm able to get grades that high. I know I am capable but I don't know what came over me after GCSE's I just don't put in enough effort. I didn't put that much effort in for GCSE's and got 6 A*s 3 As and a B and the A*s were in the subjects i'm doing now apart from the A was in biology. When should I start revising for my A2s and when should I start revising for my resits? Ahh I think the B for chemistry is low. What if I get Bs next year, what would 3 Bs at AS and 3 Bs at A2 average out as?
Revise the living crap out of your resits, and do this alongside adopting a whole new approach to your work ethic and studies. With your A2 revision, your primary motivation is to get the information into your head, and to nail the exam technique. It will be hard work, but that is the price you'll have to pay for not making full effort during your AS year.

Furthermore, I would recommend that instead of applying to unis now and risking not getting offers, take a gap year, get relevant work experience, and apply then, AFTER you have your good A Level grades. Then you won't have to go through the conditional offer jargon: it will either be a yes, or a no.
sam4xx
Rep:
?
Revise the living crap out of your resits, and do this alongside adopting a whole new approach to your work ethic and studies. With your A2 revision, your primary motivation is to get the information into your head, and to nail the exam technique. It will be hard work, but that is the price you'll have to pay for not making full effort during your AS year.

Furthermore, I would recommend that instead of applying to unis now and risking not getting offers, take a gap year, get relevant work experience, and apply then, AFTER you have your good A Level grades. Then you won't have to go through the conditional offer jargon: it will either be a yes, or a no.
So I should start now? I HAVE to apply when I'm back at college in September and I am already taking a gap year because I wanted to go abroad and work etc. My college makes everyone apply now. I don't know what my predicted grades will be now so I doubt I'll get offered places where I want. But I am prepared to apply again when I'm in my gap year- when do I apply? At the start or the end? All these deferred entries stuff confuse me.
jambojim97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So I should start now? I HAVE to apply when I'm back at college in September and I am already taking a gap year because I wanted to go abroad and work etc. My college makes everyone apply now. I don't know what my predicted grades will be now so I doubt I'll get offered places where I want. But I am prepared to apply again when I'm in my gap year- when do I apply? At the start or the end? All these deferred entries stuff confuse me.
Yes you have to start NOW!
Your college MAKES you apply this year? Da***? Seriously some colleges have weird policies...
They cant MAKE you apply this year... Surely some people don't want to go to uni at all so....
Even so, next year you can apply individually so if possible just tell your college you don't want to apply this year and give them your reasons...
nadinelia11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Start revising like NOW

Posted from TSR Mobile
jambojim97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nadinelia11)
Start revising like NOW

Posted from TSR Mobile
This.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (274)
66.18%
No (140)
33.82%

Watched Threads