The Student Room Group

Are you happy with your results?

Just got my gcse results yesterday, just wondering if people are happy or disappointed with their results? if so why

Scroll to see replies

Depressed as ****.
Wanted to get at least 2-3 A* to go to LSE.
Worked hard for 6 months every day and a tutor and was getting A* in all the maths papers, ****ed up on easy questions on the day and got a ****ing A.
Re was 1 to 2 marks of overall A*
Been an A* in economics for the past year, never done a past paper without getting lower than an A-Got a c in unit 11 somehow, never done that before and an A in unit 12.
Basically all hopes and dreams are gone.
Tempted to join the army at the moment.
NOPE! :frown:
Original post by Billylstone
Depressed as ****.
Wanted to get at least 2-3 A* to go to LSE.
Worked hard for 6 months every day and a tutor and was getting A* in all the maths papers, ****ed up on easy questions on the day and got a ****ing A.
Re was 1 to 2 marks of overall A*
Been an A* in economics for the past year, never done a past paper without getting lower than an A-Got a c in unit 11 somehow, never done that before and an A in unit 12.
Basically all hopes and dreams are gone.
Tempted to join the army at the moment.

What did you initially want to do though?
Over the moon :smile: got 7A*s, 3As, 1B. Had to check my results slip again when I woke up this morning just to check I'd definitely gotten seven A*s hahaha.

Want to study midwifery at university so all being well for AS I'll stand a really good chance of a place, yay!
I was watching all of Mr Bruff's videos for english, hoping to get an A*
but ended up with 2 Bs
and I got a C in my mice of men paper unit 1
so gutted
:motz::motz:
Original post by KittyRe-play
What did you initially want to do though?

Well I wanted at least 3A* and 2 A's so that I could go to Lse to study a maths and economics degree. But nah, hard work not rewarded LOL.
Anyway, I was going to do further maths, maths, economics and classics;the more I think about it the more annoyed I get with myself.
Hopefully if I joined the army I could be stationed somewhere like Cyprus.
Well I wanted at least 3A* and 2 A's so that I could go to Lse to study a maths and economics degree. But nah, hard work not rewarded LOL.
Anyway, I was going to do further maths, maths, economics and classics;the more I think about it the more annoyed I get with myself.

I'm sure you can get into some uni? Those grades aren't THAT bad I mean you can always change the course you wanna do?There is probably something better in store for you in the future you never know! :smile:
Yep I'm happy!
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
I was watching all of Mr Bruff's videos for english, hoping to get an A*
but ended up with 2 Bs
and I got a C in my mice of men paper unit 1
so gutted
:motz::motz:

Are you in year 10 or 11?
Mr bruff failed me in year 10 big time. Basically the exact same situation as you and I put in like a month of effort.
This year like 3 days getting tutored by a couple tsrians and boom,
near full ums :lol:
English is really subjective though so remark?
Only took Maths. Should be happy with my B given the circumstances but it's not the A* I wanted.

Does lse care that much for gcses? Wouldn't some smashing A-levels sway them?
Original post by lyricalvibe
Are you in year 10 or 11?
Mr bruff failed me in year 10 big time. Basically the exact same situation as you and I put in like a month of effort.
This year like 3 days getting tutored by a couple tsrians and boom,
near full ums :lol:
English is really subjective though so remark?

I'm in year 11
yeah, im getting a remark
for eng lang, i was 1 mark from A
for eng lit, i was 2 mark from A
i'm really pissed I didnt revise harder
and I got really cocky with my predictions for what was going to come up...
which worked really well in the unit 2
but I was completely wrong about unit 1
Original post by lyricalvibe
Does lse care that much for gcses? Wouldn't some smashing A-levels sway them?

Well if I can't manage an A* at gcse because of exam pressure how am I possibly going to be competent enough to get good A levels.
Lse have stated that they require "several A* and A'S" I don't care for what people say about still being able to get in; think of how many applicants they would have with the required a levels and the gcse results.
Took my first GCSE (just finished Y9) Got A* :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
No I got 1A* 4As 3Bs and 1C so so disappointed

I know these are good grades but they're not good enough for me, I just wanted more A*s :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by Samyar
Just got my gcse results yesterday, just wondering if people are happy or disappointed with their results? if so why

I was hoping for 7A* 3A 1B, so slightly disappointed with 6A* 3A 2B. Quite pleased anyway, as I got 100UMS on some of them, and I think my english coursework was entered wrong (I was told I got 36/40, 26/40 was entered), so I am hopefully getting the teachers to reinput it so I may get 7A*s 2A 2B.

And I got an F in Drama practical, so I have that going for me :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
"Oh no, I wanted to get 10A*'s, but I only got 9! My God, I also got one B! Are my chances at Oxbridge over? Should I go and work in Sainsbury's now? Help!"

This is the essence of what I'm seeing many of you GCSE guys say. Do you really think that universities care that much about GCSE's? The bottom line is that they don't; as long as you have mainly A*/A's and a a couple of B's, you can get into any university because what is really going to determine whether or not you get in is your A-Level grades (notable exceptions are Medicine and Law as these are highly competitive; GCSE's do matter somewhat got these courses).

Relax about your GCSE's and prepare for your A-Levels.
Yes! I got 9A*s and 1A, over the freaking moon :biggrin:
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
I'm in year 11
yeah, im getting a remark
for eng lang, i was 1 mark from A
for eng lit, i was 2 mark from A
i'm really pissed I didnt revise harder
and I got really cocky with my predictions for what was going to come up...
which worked really well in the unit 2
but I was completely wrong about unit 1

my English results were exactly the same! I'm getting them remarked too! :') I'm absolutely gutted because I really wanted to do english at A-Level and now I can't :frown: plus I want to do Law at Oxford and don't know how possible that will be :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest