The Student Room Group

17, Pakistani and starting an engineering degree... AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stickman
Yeah Strath is much better - well done.

Do you like cricket?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, hate it. I'm not fond of watching/ playing sports in general, its so boring
Reply 21
Why can't you cook? :hmmm:
Original post by TheBBQ
Why can't you cook? :hmmm:

I can make pastas, chicken wraps and Chinese stirfrys and stuff, I just haven't mastered the art of desi cooking. I can bake quite well too :wink:
:hi: Woo! I am also going to Strathclyde this year, but for electrical and electronic engineering.

Are you looking forward to your soon to be new found independence? (If you are not living at home.)
Reply 24
Original post by coolgirlaamy
I can make pastas, chicken wraps and Chinese stirfrys and stuff, I just haven't mastered the art of desi cooking. I can bake quite well too :wink:

That's standard, but you must be able to cook some nice Asian food :eating:
Original post by chrisdefish
:hi: Woo! I am also going to Strathclyde this year, but for electrical and electronic engineering.

Are you looking forward to your soon to be new found independence? (If you are not living at home.)

OMG, that's so cool. We might be in some of the same lectures :smile: but nah, im commuting since I live like 30 mins away on train :frown:

Original post by TheBBQ
That's standard, but you must be able to cook some nice Asian food :eating:

dont worry, I'll learn it all before I get married :P
Reply 26

dont worry, I'll learn it all before I get married :P

All is good then :tongue:
We're from a village/town called Husslepur, which is near Lahore.
I was born in the UK in Glasgow.
Imran Khan
I can speak a little Urdu, but normally when people speak Urdu, I reply in English. My family talks more in Punjabi.
I considered Glasgow uni, I applied and had an unconditional offer, but asking around, everyone said that strathclyde had a better reputation for engineering than Glasgow did.

Oh cool! What was the reason for choosing Mechatronics, what are your thoughts on BioMedical engineering?(i do BioMed Eng from Glasgow)

When last time you went to Pakistan?

Do you want an Independent scotland? And why?

Are you gonna marry a Pakistani guy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Hashim3444
Oh cool! What was the reason for choosing Mechatronics, what are your thoughts on BioMedical engineering?(i do BioMed Eng from Glasgow)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not only Mechatronics...in the end Electrical/Mechanical is quite useful if you think about Plant Design or in the Oil&Gas.
Original post by Hashim3444

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its quite a vast subject where's there's so much opportunity and I also prefer the mechatronics in physics so yeah :smile: I dont know much about biomedical engineering.

Last time I went was in 2011.

I think im voting no, obviously because the snp have no clue what we'll do if it is a resounding yes vote.

I most likely will marry a Pakistani guy :smile:
Reply 30
University of Strathclyde, up in scotland :smile:

Yeah, she does it sometimes

I stay in Scotland! Going Glasgow Caledonian :h:

um... Qu... When would you want to get married by?

and

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dlQRTCibzi0

do you like this as much as me? :rofl:
Reply 31
Its quite a vast subject where's there's so much opportunity and I also prefer the mechatronics in physics so yeah :smile: I dont know much about biomedical engineering.

Last time I went was in 2011.

I think im voting no, obviously because the snp have no clue what we'll do if it is a resounding yes vote.

I most likely will marry a Pakistani guy :smile:

So you could vote in the referendum? But you're not 18 ...what's the legal voting age for the referendum?
Original post by IqraHaq
I stay in Scotland! Going Glasgow Caledonian :h:

um... Qu... When would you want to get married by?

and

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dlQRTCibzi0

do you like this as much as me? :rofl:

Oh that's cool. What are you studying?

I think I want to get married at about 25/26.

And err.. No I probably dont like it as much... I only watched a minute of it :P

Original post by castelo
So you could vote in the referendum? But you're not 18 ...what's the legal voting age for the referendum?

the snp decreased the voting age to 16 so 16/17 year olds can vote too, though im pretty much sure they just did it because they think they can get more support from the Scottish youth.

Quick Reply

Latest