The Student Room Group

changing schools after AS

rrr
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah, it's going to be quite a hassle. Why do you want to leave? Just chill and finish your A2s... A2 goes quick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Different exam boards shouldn't be an issue, generally it just means that you can't resit your AS modules. The main complication can come if you have done a different syllabus that is incompatible (ie English Language has a coursework element that is done either in yr 1 or yr 2 but can't be done in both).

if you do decide to move, ask your current school/college to send a UCAS reference to your new school.
Original post by boodle123
After getting my AS results (i did quite well), i was considering moving for year 13, but im really scared that its going to be really difficult, and I know its not advisable to move.
Ive already contacted a few schools, but some of the exam boards are different and therefore its quite difficult to transfer. The process is quite complex. Also, i don't want this to negatively impact my UCAS application, as all the teachers will be different, so im not sure where my reference will come from.
Any advice?

hey,
I was considering this exactly too. Just finished my AS and wanted to continue on my A2 levels at a different sixth form or college. I'm not sure what the policy is but I got rejected by one of my local college. if anyone knows then please do quote
Reply 4
Original post by boodle123
After getting my AS results (i did quite well), i was considering moving for year 13, but im really scared that its going to be really difficult, and I know its not advisable to move.
Ive already contacted a few schools, but some of the exam boards are different and therefore its quite difficult to transfer. The process is quite complex. Also, i don't want this to negatively impact my UCAS application, as all the teachers will be different, so im not sure where my reference will come from.
Any advice?

You can transfer between exam boards for most subjects, it's called a transfer of credit (the rules and permissible transfers are at: http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/entries/gce-entry-information-incltransfer-of-credit). It's not trick, your new exam officer just has to submit a single page form by mid October for the transfer, including whether you are going to re-sit any of the AS units - you can still-re-sit AS units, you just have to do them on your original AS exam board.

Probably more significantly is whether your new 6th form offers the same subjects as your old one and whether the timetable works for you - if they have 4 option blocks and 3 of your subjects are only in the same one then you have a problem.
Reply 5
Original post by Flying Duck
Different exam boards shouldn't be an issue, generally it just means that you can't resit your AS modules.

Actually you can.http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/entries/gce-entry-information-incltransfer-of-credit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending