The Student Room Group

Taking my Hijab off/Parents Issue

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Do what makes you feel happy and right? Everyone goes through different stages in life and as your young you want to discover what you are about and work out what's your style, what you like?? you cannot make everyone happy and your not being disrespectful you are just being you. I understand and I went through a similar experience but, only you know how strongly you feel about about this situation... but good luck :smile:

How exactly should I tell my mom about it, I'm afraid she would refuse letting me go outside without the hijab? 😔
You need to stand up for yourself and say which is better her knowing or you leaving home and taking ur hijab off outside and someone seeing it..? Honesty should be worth more.... she is a mum and she is scared and say what your fears are?? And that you need to find yourself and be truthful to yourself than be a liar.. I think that's fair!!
So first of all, omg!! It’s been 5 years since you wrote this. How is it going? Did you manage to take it off?? I’m in the same situation and I am desperate to take it off and that’s how I managed to find this post. Hope everything went well! 💓 If you even see this bahahah. 😹
I understand and know how you're feeling about this. Trust me I deal with the same exact thing too but I've been wearing it since I was 8 (now I'm 13). When I first wore it, I thought I was wearing it for the right reasons like wearing it for God. But it wasn't actually that. I just wore it to impress my family, to see how I would look in it. And I actually liked wearing it, but 3 years ago everything changed. I just didn't want to wear it and now I completely hate wearing it.I'm really sorry you are dealing with this, it must be very hard for you :frown:I think what your parents should do when you take it off, is at least accept it. My advice is to take it off, if you're wearing hijab not for the right reasons then what's the point? Like if you want to take it off then do it. You have a free will to do that. Your parents shouldn't be holding you back from wearing it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending