The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
MOWLID
I want to know if it is too late to apply to imperial collge if not who do i speak to
probably depends on the subject....you need to speak to ucas and to the university....speak to ucas first i would say :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
I would say youre too late chap.
What subject are you planning?
Imperial has had its interviews etc already..
There might be a couple of places open thru ucas extra (at least for sum
courese), but you're eligible for extra only if you've applied to
6 unis last autumn and all of them have turned you down
I would rather contact the uni itself, and give an indication of what
kind of grades you're getting and just maybe they'll try to sort it out for you
Reply 3
I'd doubt it's too late, you can still apply through UCAS but your application will be marked 'late'. Therefore it's best if you see if there's places available through UCAS extra (in which case there's places available through 'normal' UCAS) and then contact the apporpriate admissions tutor to explain your situation.
Reply 4
Oh, you can do that?
Didn't know that.
But it might be very difficult if youre planning on applying for a popular course.
Well, the best of luck to you!
Hope it all works out, and maybe we'll see at Imperial next Autumn
Reply 5
Yeah, UCAS is very flexible. Yeah, depends on course, if you wanted to go for medecine, not a snowballs chance in hell! If you rang up they'd probably be in fits of laughter unless you're some kind of super genius. Materials on the other hand they'd probably beg you to come, hiring you a stretch limo to come up for your interview with a couple of bottles of champaigne chilling in the boot.
Reply 6
Jojoba86
Yeah, UCAS is very flexible. Yeah, depends on course, if you wanted to go for medecine, not a snowballs chance in hell! If you rang up they'd probably be in fits of laughter unless you're some kind of super genius. Materials on the other hand they'd probably beg you to come, hiring you a stretch limo to come up for your interview with a couple of bottles of champaigne chilling in the boot.

You'd be surprised. One of my friends got into Medicine at Imperial through clearing with grades ABD and a lot of sucking up.
Reply 7
Yeas as long as u spell it rite.

John
Reply 8
I want to go for ise guys (Information system engineering)
Do you think i have no chance.
Reply 9
Geez, if you carry on beating about the bush, no you probably won't get a place! As has been suggested already contact the admissions tutor for said subject, it's all well and good asking here but we don't know if Imperial will give you a place or not!
Reply 10
Jojoba86
Geez, if you carry on beating about the bush, no you probably won't get a place! As has been suggested already contact the admissions tutor for said subject, it's all well and good asking here but we don't know if Imperial will give you a place or not!

I agree....
MOWLID we know nothing about you, and we're not admissions people anyway, instead of wondering whether they will consider you just give them a call, they won't mind!
Reply 11
why don't you apply for next year's entry? =) meanwhile you can do something that might impress imperial later on in you application (work, etc)
Reply 12
Why wait a year for something you could this year? Fair enough if there's something you want to do in a gap year, but otherwise little point IMHO. If the OP really wants the course and really can't get in this year he can always re-apply properly next year!
Reply 13
Jojoba86
Why wait a year for something you could this year? Fair enough if there's something you want to do in a gap year, but otherwise little point IMHO. If the OP really wants the course and really can't get in this year he can always re-apply properly next year!

oh, yes of course :smile: Since he really wants to go to imperial, it is worth trying. but maybe... rather than putting too much doing something that is not very probable (since it seems that ISE is kind of popular), it might be better to focus planning a well done application, for next year's entry.

by the way, mowlid.. are you accepted to other uni's already?
Reply 14
yes

Umist
Cardiff
Birmingham
and an inteveiw at manchester

Latest

Trending

Trending