The Student Room Group

My gf wants to do WHAT?

Hey,

I'm literally so thrown back at the moment.
Basically, my girlfriend is bisexual. (Nothing wrong with that!)
She's only ever had one proper relationship with a girl (2 years), but it sizzled out.
She has however had a lot of sexual partners (both male and female), by a lot I'm talking about 50 maybe 60 people. She's always been completely open about it and it doesn't make me look at her any differently.
Anyway, we've been in a relationship for 2 1/2 years now and things are great, so much so I think we're going to move in together.

Recently we've been trying to be a bit more adventurous in the bedroom - for a while our sex life was pretty standard. Good but repetitive.
By adventurous I mean we've been experimenting with new toys, positions, role play and BDSM.
Our sex life has improved significantly, and with it our relationship!

However, the other day she sat me down and told me she wanted to ask me something. So, I said of course, and we sat down and it was a little agonising (for a minute I thought she was going to tell me she was pregnant!) but, it was far from it.
She said that she'd been talking to her ex girlfriend of 2 years (although I find it a bit odd, she's always been open to me and told me that they broke up on good terms and have remained friends)
and they had discussed having a threesome with me...

Now, I know the lads reading this would probably jump at the opportunity.
But, can't help but feel a little portrayed. I think it would feel so wrong having sex with my girlfriend and her ex girlfriend, whilst watching them do stuff too. To me, it's just plain wrong!

For two years there were strong feelings between these people and now they suddenly want to have sex?
I can't help but think my girlfriend and her ex are using an excuse of a threesome to be able to get back into bed with each other without having to be in a relationship.
I just don't know how to feel.

The thing is, if it was any other person I probably would jump at the opportunity.
But, this is so different and I don't know what to do.

What if I say yes, and then they end up falling in love again?

Am I overthinking? Am I being stupid?

I've told her I'd have to think about it and she seemed quite disappointed.

Help! Advice pls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It won't let me edit - but I meant to put betrayed not portrayed. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your feelings are perfectly valid. You are entitled to not like it and speak up. You shouldn't have to be part of any sex acts you aren't comfortable with.
If you don't want to, I will happily take your place :sexface:
cba to troll the troll, shuts laptop screen.
60 is a lot?

Geez, I'm on close to 600 - like easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JSLockwood
60 is a lot?

Geez, I'm on close to 600 - like easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pssssst!

Spoiler

Original post by Baloney
It won't let me edit - but I meant to put betrayed not portrayed. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say that it's fine that she's open with her sexuality, but this may be a step too far - I'd be wary if my girlfriend was this liberal with her exes. Imagine if she was straight and it was a guy - how would you feel then? I know it's tempting :tongue: but maybe think about it a little more
Reply 8
Girl-girl isn't cheating. And everyone has to like it. It's the law.
I've heard that threesomes have awkward jealousy at the best of times. You'll probably regret it OP.
Original post by 99DeadBaboons
Pssssst!

Spoiler

haha! LOL
Original post by moonriver96
haha! LOL

:biggrin:
I'm not sure that involving an ex in a threesome is a particularly good idea. Surely this is why most people bring in strangers when they fancy a threesome? You don't want to be watching your gf and her ex touching each other and wondering whether your gf enjoys her touch more than yours.
If it was a girl who wasn't involved with her in the past I would say go for it. But seeing as its her ex I would steer clear.
The threesome sounds fun but the whole ex thing, I'd be suspicious about that. I mean it would be different if it was someone else but it's someone she's had intimate feelings about. It's almost like she's asking for permission to cheat and for you to watch.
Well, threesomes do engage passion in sexual activity.
But your girlfriend and her ex?
Wow...
it'd would be intense and highly passionate.
But don't overreact, as threesomes just shows temporary interest and passion for one's wellbeing.
If she was in love with her ex, then I suggest she wouldn't have invited you to perform in the threesome.
She seems like the wild type.
Threesomes, I get.

Threesomes with your partner and your ex-partner? No.

Not only would I not be up for that, I would be questioning their feelings towards me and towards their ex.
I wonder if you could ask her if you could read their conversations? (not giving a chance to delete)
It's kinda weird to suggest an ex.

Totally sounds like it could be a two and a half men threesome..
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfdE5AcECB8 )
Let's be honest, anything is possible as an outcome - those type of events can be game changers for everyone.

If you'd be open to the idea of having a threesome with someone neither of you had been sexual with before, then I'd probably echo what lnazuma says and (playfully) ask to see what they've said about it before you were asked (if either of them were secretly aiming at getting back with each other, it'd be fairly easy to spot). If you wouldn't want a threesome, just say that.

That said, she may have been thinking about asking you to have a threesome for a while but simply doesn't want it to be with someone she doesn't know. Be open minded, but have a chat with her before and be sure you both think it's a good idea (honesty is key, etc etc).
Original post by 99DeadBaboons
Pssssst!

Spoiler

Damn, I knew I was going wrong somewhere!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending