Turn on thread page Beta

Ouija boards... What do you think? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ouija boards. I have always been fascinated by their existence, and by their purpose. Its very interesting to type "Ouija board", into Google, and see all the sites based around it.

But does anyone actually believe that it can contact people on 'the other side'?

Personally, I think that it is cursed and extremely dangerous, and I would never consider 'playing' with it. I'm convinced that it brings evil spirits through, and curses all that are involved in it.

Has anyone been brave enough to 'play' with the ouija boards, and can anyone support the claim that we can contact the dead through it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annika17)
    Ouija boards. I have always been fascinated by their existence, and by their purpose. Its very interesting to type "Ouija board", into Google, and see all the sites based around it.

But does anyone actually believe that it can contact people on 'the other side'?

Personally, I think that it is cursed and extremely dangerous, and I would never consider 'playing' with it. I'm convinced that it brings evil spirits through, and curses all that are involved in it.

Has anyone been brave enough to 'play' with the ouija boards, and can anyone support the claim that we can contact the dead through it? :confused:
    No ive never used one, agree with you that its a mighty dodgy thing to do!

ReputationRep:
    We messed around with it in school once or twice when I was in year 7/8. Mainly because someone had been stealing stuff and we asked who it was - never found out if the answer we got was right or not. I really don't know what to make of them, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Ouija boards are pretty much useless in my opinion.

ReputationRep:

IMO, it's all psychological. You want something to happen (even if that desire is entirely subconscious), so even if you don't realise it I believe that the glass or whatever is moved by the participants, even if they themselves wholeheartedly believe they didn't.

To think that it is cursed or something is IMO a bit silly and on a par with believing in witches and wizards... give me solid evidence of a 'curse' and I'll believe it, but it's funny how no one ever can, it all comes from pseudo-evidence and third-hand stories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    IMO, it's all psychological. You want something to happen (even if that desire is entirely subconscious), so even if you don't realise it I believe that the glass or whatever is moved by the participants, even if they themselves wholeheartedly believe they didn't.

To think that it is cursed or something is IMO a bit silly and on a par with believing in witches and wizards... give me solid evidence of a 'curse' and I'll believe it, but it's funny how no one ever can, it all comes from pseudo-evidence and third-hand stories.
    But you forget my dear sir, wizards do exist!

ReputationRep:
    they're pretty crap - i played with one once, and it was even on hallowe'en and it wasnt scary lol. Its all in the mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    But you forget my dear sir, wizards do exist!
    In what capacity do they exist may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    In what capacity do they exist may I ask?
    They live in little caves, but are invisble to the naked eye, ever felt that tingle on your back? Thats when one flicks past you. No?

Ok maybe its just me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    they're pretty crap - i played with one once, and it was even on hallowe'en and it wasnt scary lol. Its all in the mind.
    Thats a bit like the "I am the candyman" said to a mirror thing I think. All in the mind, but I have seen a few people (mostly teenaged girls) who just couldn't get through it. I thought they were kidding around at first, but we pushed one to complete the required number of recitings and gawd did she ever panic. Strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    They live in little caves, but are invisble to the naked eye, ever felt that tingle on your back? Thats when one flicks past you. No?

Ok maybe its just me.
    I have felt something like that, but I always put it down to my Cub Scouts trying to scare old Kaa out of his poor miserable existence

ReputationRep:
    never done one, don't intend to ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Thats a bit like the "I am the candyman" said to a mirror thing I think. All in the mind, but I have seen a few people (mostly teenaged girls) who just couldn't get through it. I thought they were kidding around at first, but we pushed one to complete the required number of recitings and gawd did she ever panic. Strange.
    Never heard of this 'candyman' thing, what's it supposed to mean/do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    Never heard of this 'candyman' thing, what's it supposed to mean/do?
    You're supposed to face a mirror with only a candle in the room and recite "I am the candyman" 10 times. Also, it must be within the hour between midnight and 1am on a Friday night/Saturday morning. Seems strange, but I'm not kidding about the girls who wouldn't do it and the one who began to panic. Odd really Fear of the unknown truly is power I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I did it at my firends house and apparantley they've seen a ghost of a little girl and have h eard a piano at night, anyway thwy live in a famous recidence (49 princes gate) which is said to be 200 years old. So, we did the Ouija board and it was a young girl whos name was whistler, then it started spelling out random letters and was trying to go of the board, even though we were pushing it to goodbye it was still trying to go off the board. When it finally said goodbye, we looked at the random letters and it said ' let me go' - I know!

Then we reaserched whistler on the niternet and whistler was the person who had built the house - we had no previous knowledge of whistler!

ENOUGH SAID! OUIJIA BOARDS WORK!

ReputationRep:
    Oh and by the way we also went on paintings by whistler and there was a little girl playing the piano and the girl apparantly lokked like the one they saw!

Im not lying! This is all true!

ReputationRep:

I've done lots of Ouija. It works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    Oh and by the way we also went on paintings by whistler and there was a little girl playing the piano and the girl apparantly lokked like the one they saw!

Im not lying! This is all true!
    so how did you set this event out? i have done it numours times but none have worjked at all, i just put the alaphbet in a circle with a glass and three participants, one was named ashley and once we started going it didn't work at first because we wo laughing and acting stupid but then is spelt ASH (obviously the nickname for ashley) and he got really scared and stopped, thats the one time is kinda worked but i'm really interested in doing it again, does anyone know how to set one up and what to do properly??

ReputationRep:
    well, we set out a ouijia board as they are on a real board (but on paper (they must have goodbye) ) then we took a small cup an heated it for twenty seconds in the middle. Then we started it and it worked so well ( just dont take ur hand off if u didnt say good bye :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    just dont take ur hand off if u didnt say good bye :eek:
    Oopss :eek:... why?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.