The Student Room Group

GCSE results for medicine at UCL

So I got my gcse results, and I achieved 6a*s and 5a's, with the hope that one of my a's will get moved up to an a* as I was off by three marks. I would like to apply to UCL to study medicine, and I was wondering if these gcse marks are good enough? I know that they also look at a levels and the Bmat, but I just wanted to know if these grades would be counted as good for this uni?
Thanks
Original post by Rispi14
So I got my gcse results, and I achieved 6a*s and 5a's, with the hope that one of my a's will get moved up to an a* as I was off by three marks. I would like to apply to UCL to study medicine, and I was wondering if these gcse marks are good enough? I know that they also look at a levels and the Bmat, but I just wanted to know if these grades would be counted as good for this uni?
Thanks

They're great grades - should be fine for UCL. :smile:

Just to make sure though...did you have a foreign language at GCSE? Because you need a foreign language at GCSE for Medicine at UCL. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
They're great grades - should be fine for UCL. :smile:

Just to make sure though...did you have a foreign language at GCSE? Because you need a foreign language at GCSE for Medicine at UCL. :smile:

Yes I do, I have a*s in French and Spanish ! But wont be taking them for a level? is that a problem?
Reply 3
Original post by Rispi14
Thanks

No, sorry, you need at least 12 A*'s for UCL Medicine and one of them has to be in Russian.....

It took me about 27 seconds to find the GCSE req's for UCL Medical School, of course your GCSEs are fine!! Google is your friend, don't post silly questions unless you want silly replies. Do your research first :smile:
Not meant as a dig, just preparing you for TSR haha.

Congrats on the GCSEs btw!
Original post by Rispi14
Yes I do, I have a*s in French and Spanish ! But wont be taking them for a level? is that a problem?

Nah, that won't be a problem - you only need one for GCSE. :smile:

Congrats on your results! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by lsaul95
No, sorry, you need at least 12 A*'s for UCL Medicine and one of them has to be in Russian.....

It took me about 27 seconds to find the GCSE req's for UCL Medical School, of course your GCSEs are fine!! Google is your friend, don't post silly questions unless you want silly replies. Do your research first :smile:
Not meant as a dig, just preparing you for TSR haha.

Congrats on the GCSEs btw!

However, I was just unsure as different people say different things on google. I was hoping for someone from UCl studying medicine to have given me a more reliable answer. And also, I did do research, I have spent the last day researching if my grades are good enough!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Rispi14
However, I was just unsure as different people say different things on google. I was hoping for someone from UCl studying medicine to have given me a more reliable answer.

Haha I meant something along the lines of their official entry requirements :smile: Like their snazzy PDF - http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/undergraduate/mbbs-admissions/entry-requirements/entry2015.pdf
Reply 7
Original post by usycool1
Nah, that won't be a problem - you only need one for GCSE. :smile:

Congrats on your results! :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by lsaul95
Haha I meant something along the lines of their official entry requirements :smile: Like their snazzy PDF - http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/undergraduate/mbbs-admissions/entry-requirements/entry2015.pdf

Ahaha I actually didn't see that, thank you so much! genius !

Quick Reply

Latest