A in Religious studies
B in Core science
B in Additional science
A* in ICT

for my a-level options i was thinking of choosing:

Option 1: Biology, Psychology, Sociology, chemistry
Option 2: Biology, Psychology, sociology, english literature
Option 3: Biology, Psychology, sociology, Photography or Art

Im want to get into a russel group university, hopefully bristol to study a psychology degree. which one the three options are the best to take?

thank you !
Jkizer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would personally pick 2 or 3. Really good choices for Psychology

Chemistry is good but pretty difficult and a lot of people trip up on it at AS despite getting very good grades at gcse! That being said, you may be one of those which just flourish in it ;p
LeFailFish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SCK16)
so for my gcse results I've got:
A in English lit
B in English lang
C in maths
A in art
A in dance
A in Religious studies
B in Core science
B in Additional science
A* in ICT

for my a-level options i was thinking of choosing:

Option 1: Biology, Psychology, Sociology, chemistry
Option 2: Biology, Psychology, sociology, english literature
Option 3: Biology, Psychology, sociology, Photography or Art

Im want to get into a russel group university, hopefully bristol to study a psychology degree. which one the three options are the best to take?

thank you !
The first and second options have equally well-respected subjects, whereas the third would be less well regarded. I would go with option 2. Your English Lit grade was good so you should be able to get a good grade at A level, presuming you enjoy those four subjects. I wouldn't recommend two sciences after two B's at GCSE unless you didn't feel you revised very much. I'm sure you could cope with one but you got better grades in many other GCSE subjects - also, Chemistry contains a fair amount of Maths and your Maths grade was your lowest.
SCK16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by LeFailFish)
The first and second options have equally well-respected subjects, whereas the third would be less well regarded. I would go with option 2. Your English Lit grade was good so you should be able to get a good grade at A level, presuming you enjoy those four subjects. I wouldn't recommend two sciences after two B's at GCSE unless you didn't feel you revised very much. I'm sure you could cope with one but you got better grades in many other GCSE subjects - also, Chemistry contains a fair amount of Maths and your Maths grade was your lowest.
yeah thank you thats really helpful, but wouldn't three essay based subjects combined be quite hard?
JayJay-C19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Option 2. All seems more relevant and Chemistry might be a little too hard for you given your maths grade and so on. You seem more humanities.
LeFailFish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SCK16)
yeah thank you thats really helpful, but wouldn't three essay based subjects combined be quite hard?
All A levels are hard, but I don't think the workload would be unbearable with three essay-based subjects. You can always start with Biology, Psychology, Sociology and English Lit and switch if you find it too difficult (most colleges allow you to change subjects within the first few weeks provided the timetabling works).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (184)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
9.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.92%

Watched Threads