The Student Room Group

Should I get it remarked?

I received my GCSE grades yesterday and although I'm pleased with the grade, I'm not sure if I should get it remarked. I got a B in English literature with 191 marks (Edexcel) however to get an A I need just one more mark. Should I get it remarked?
Yes - as it is subjective, it has a fair chance of going up to an A, and because it is such a high B, it will have a low chance of going down to a C. :smile:
Original post by princessmaroon
I received my GCSE grades yesterday and although I'm pleased with the grade, I'm not sure if I should get it remarked. I got a B in English literature with 191 marks (Edexcel) however to get an A I need just one more mark. Should I get it remarked?

With just one mark, you've got nothing to lose! Provided your parents are alright with the money it will cost, obviously.
Thanks! Do you have a rough idea of how much it will cost?
Reply 4

I think £10 to £15. Depends.

About 40 pounds.

I just realised my English language grade is 5 marks off an A, does anyone know if it's possible to get that remarked or is it too many marks? Thanks.
I just realised my English language grade is 5 marks off an A, does anyone know if it's possible to get that remarked or is it too many marks? Thanks.

Probably not worth it, I'm afraid to say - it's not impossible to move up, but it's highly unlikely.
edexcel board
i am 4 marks less in english lang A to get an A
also 6 marks less in physics to get A
should i send it for remarking?
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
Probably not worth it, I'm afraid to say - it's not impossible to move up, but it's highly unlikely.

Thank you for replying, much appreciated.
Original post by football1212
edexcel board
i am 4 marks less in english lang A to get an A
also 6 marks less in physics to get A
should i send it for remarking?

With physics, I would say no - seeing as it isn't subjective, and 6 marks is too far below the boundary, however, I'm not saying it's impossible. Also, lang could move up, but it's not that likely. :smile:
Thank you for replying, much appreciated.

You're very welcome! :smile:
I'm 1 UMS mark off an A* in History (edexcel), but I'm taking it for A-Level, is there any point of me having one of my paper remarked?
edexcel igcse how long would it take them for remarking?when will i get my results?
Original post by Charlotte_Lauren
I'm 1 UMS mark off an A* in History (edexcel), but I'm taking it for A-Level, is there any point of me having one of my paper remarked?

Of course you should! It's a subjective subject, so it's quite likely to go up, and it's EXTREMELY unlikely that it will go to a B. :smile:

First of all well done for your grade! That's an excellent grade considering how much English grades have dropped this year. I can understand how frustrating it must be though to see how close you are to an A...I'm in the same position with another subject. The only advice I can give you is to think carefully about whether to submit it to be remarked as English is very risky in the sense that there is not as strict of a mark scheme in comparison to subjects like science and maths. Therefore a different examiner could mark you right down and you could be at risk of getting a C. Just something to think about! However, its your choice and with 1 mark away from saying you got an A grade...its worth the try! :smile: Good luck!
Did anyone send their paper for re marking?
did their grades change?in 2014
edexcel or cambridge?
Reply 17
i know how much grades in english have slipped this year and i got a B in literature on my olevels. i am planning on taking it on my alevels too. point is, two years from now when i am applying to uni s, will they just see my grade as a B or appreciate it considering the fact how As were so much more harder to get this year?

Quick Reply

Latest