CS:GO advice

Watch this thread
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
INB4 GET GOOD KID.

Hello, despite being bad at CS:GO i still enjoy the possibility of owning people on demo, i've only played 50 hours of it, most being deathmatch but i must be doing something obviously wrong,

So, are there any definite dos and don'ts of CSGO and any general advice?

Could be possibly my hardware that affects my ability, possibly slow FPS or something stupid like that, i play on a monitor using a laptop, most things on low, if i got a good PC could a better performance improve my ability on CSGO?

Cheers, Geoff.
Fango_Jett
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
The game runs on a toaster. I've seen people wrek scrubs with top of the line computers in cybercafes on machines with pentium 4s and 5 year old graphics cards

Just git gud by grinding till you get better like the rest of us.
Jakeh
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Most pros want to be running at 100fps consistently at low settings. So you probably arent getting that. On top of this they will have top of the range pcs and 120hz pc monitors.

If you decide to splurge that amount of cash ~1k ish then it will still take time and work. I played cs for years and years and just about made it to a good level.

But yeah you do want to be playing with at least 60fps. Then its practice and positioning. Also remember real matches in teams is completely different to matchmaking and death match. Id focus on getting your aim right first though. Try and dm and focus on getting a k:d of 2 and above for 1 hour.

Good luck
Bobjim12
Rep:
Fair enough, suppose i'll go with practice makes perfect, cheers!
MasterBacon
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Try running on the lowest, change your sensitivity, also use 1280x960 resolution, the hitboxes are slightly bigger and easier to hit. Try getting a new crosshair too, that can really help. Before you do comp listen to some music and play some deathmatch or casual to warm up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
iEatMuFFiNS
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
A shibe should already know this
Bobjim12
Rep:
(Original post by iEatMuFFiNS)
A shibe should already know this
You're so right XD
EthanNCL
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Baiscs of improving in CS:

Time & practice, put the time in you will certainly see improvements, rome wasnt built in a day.

Config, most top 20-30% so not even pro all run very similar sensitivity, they use low sensitivity which helps them aim better but fast enough to turn on anything, so personal preference on sense but for a guide i use 400DPI (mouse drivers) 6/11 windows sense and 2.5 in game sense.

Graphics: i play pretty much my whole game on low graphics for max frames, go play bf if you want the game to look pretty you want the W instead man!

Crosshair: http://tools.dathost.net/#alpha=200/...outline_draw=0 this website will help design your perfect crosshair copy and paste your crosshair info in the console and youre done!

GLHF
estel
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Config settings might allow a 1% player to compete better with the top 0.5%, but probably make bugger all difference for almost anyone else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (31)
70.45%
No (9)
20.45%
I didn't use it to prepare (4)
9.09%

Watched Threads