best distance learning web site for a levels? Watch

poveda30
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
could you please tell me what is the best distance learning web site for a levels, and why?

thanks,
poveda30
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
not answer anyone???
Schadenfreude65
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which A Levels? examsolutions.net is great for maths tutorials - it even breaks them down by exam board.

Khan Academy is good for maths and sciences, but is not geared up specifically for A Levels - still useful though, if you know what topic you are looking for.
eddietaylor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When I was looking into distance learning options to get into uni, I found that an Access course was a better way than A levels (it is equivalent to 3 A levels). This is because you will need to pay for separate A level courses, and then also organise and pay to sit exams with the awarding bodies. An Access to HE course is all dealt with through the college. I used Distance Learning Centre, who I recommend highly. http://www.distancelearningcentre.com
Suemarie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used ICS for IGCSE English, there was full tutor support and advice numbers available as well as a forum and Facebook page.
peanutt
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi
I used NEC - national extension college for Biology A level last year.
https://www.nec.ac.uk

Found it excellent. You are assigned a tutor that you can contact any time, submit assignments to and get feedback from. They also helped me with my coursework.
They have centers around the UK where you can sit your exams, so if you live close by to one it works very well, otherwise you have to arrange to sit exams at a local school.
AmyLDraven
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, how did you go about sorting out the A level exam? This has always confused me.
Thanks
Bsola
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I 2nd NEC, really impressed with their materials. More thorough than any text book on the market.

NEC do help with exams but found their fees quite steep & locations very sparse. Was able to source a cheaper exam centre locally, just called the exam board & they sent me a list of centres in my area.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads