The Student Room Group

Improving at A2

I got CCD at AS and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how I could get to BBB by the end of A2, should i just retake the D I got AS and then leave the others?
If your onsidering retaking the D, the best advice I can give you is to start revising it before school has started so that your not drowing in a sea of work and just try and prepare on a daily basis- In order for BBB you need to realise the mistakes that you made in your subjects specifically (eg lack of understanding or writing style or whatever) and ensure that you diligently focus on correcting that over the first few months. ORGANISATION is key when it comes to improving your grades, so just try to pace yourself with your work and gradually develop your revision notes as you go along rather than start later into the year. You know what marks you need to get in A2 and retakes to get the grade, now you must achieve that through aiming for those marks in every test/mock that you have. Give yourself a weekly plan for when do work (eg homework time and revision times) so that you never focus on homework rather than getting ready for the exams

GOOD LUCK next year :smile:

PS Talk to your teacher for improvements and help with retakes as often as possible
Reply 2
Original post by kendr lawson
If your onsidering retaking the D, the best advice I can give you is to start revising it before school has started so that your not drowing in a sea of work and just try and prepare on a daily basis- In order for BBB you need to realise the mistakes that you made in your subjects specifically (eg lack of understanding or writing style or whatever) and ensure that you diligently focus on correcting that over the first few months. ORGANISATION is key when it comes to improving your grades, so just try to pace yourself with your work and gradually develop your revision notes as you go along rather than start later into the year. You know what marks you need to get in A2 and retakes to get the grade, now you must achieve that through aiming for those marks in every test/mock that you have. Give yourself a weekly plan for when do work (eg homework time and revision times) so that you never focus on homework rather than getting ready for the exams

PS Talk to your teacher for improvements and help with retakes as often as possible

Thanks for the advice, organisation is definitely something I need to improve on and revising early on for the retake is a good idea
Reply 3
Original post by kendr lawson

Where/how do i work out how much i need to get next year for a certain grade?
Original post by Nat_LPS
Where/how do i work out how much i need to get next year for a certain grade?

Look at your UMS marks this year and the UMS you need to have earnt by the end of next year to score your required grade. This should give you a rough guide in how well you need to do and if you need to do some resits.
Reply 5
Original post by LeFailFish
Look at your UMS marks this year and the UMS you need to have earnt by the end of next year to score your required grade. This should give you a rough guide in how well you need to do and if you need to do some resits.

Ah thanks! :smile:
Also it is very helpful to get revision notes of students who got higher than you since they dont need it (not to use as your own but to help develop better revision styles and advice on getting the grade) as well asasking for tips and advice from your friends

Quick Reply

Latest