The Student Room Group

Who's done GCSE psychology?

I am going into year 11 in less than 2 weeks and just wanted to know from anyone that has done the AQA GCSE exams- how did you find them? What grade did you get? How and when did you start revising? Tips for top grade??
Reply 1
Somebody reply?… please? :sad:
I did :biggrin: but I did the OCR course :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Original post by GEEKSruletheworld!
I did :biggrin: but I did the OCR course :rolleyes:

Thank you for your reply:smile:
Reply 4
Psychology GCSE is pretty easy.
I received an A* for the first paper and after doing the second paper, I received an A grade. If I was to revise just a little more, I would have got an A*.

If you like subjects where you have to remember information and details about case studies, then it should be good one to choose. But overall, psychology GCSE is a lot easier than others.
Reply 5
Original post by Jelly150
Psychology GCSE is pretty easy.
I received an A* for the first paper and after doing the second paper, I received an A grade. If I was to revise just a little more, I would have got an A*.

If you like subjects where you have to remember information and details about case studies, then it should be good one to choose. But overall, psychology GCSE is a lot easier than others.

I've already chosen it and yeah it is quite easy. When did you start revising to get the A*?
Reply 6
Original post by kaytaylou
I didn't do Psychology but some of my friends did. I'm pretty sure they did AQA but don't quote me on it! Quite a lot of people at my school seemed to do worse than they expected in Psychology because the exam was in a different format compared to past papers. Some of them mentioned that there were questions saying to make up their own study which they had never seen before and the Psychology teachers were shocked that it came up in both exams. I don't know anyone who got an A* but as long as you remember all of your studies and that, I'm sure you'll have no problems. :biggrin:

Wow, thanks a lot for letting me know!:smile:
I did Edexcel GCSE Psychology and got an A*, my top tip would be to learn the case studies in lots of detail and to learn definitions of key words.
Reply 8
Original post by Katie.R.S.
I did Edexcel GCSE Psychology and got an A*, my top tip would be to learn the case studies in lots of detail and to learn definitions of key words.

Thank you!:biggrin: When did you start revising?
Original post by Nadine_08
Thank you!:biggrin: When did you start revising?

Can't really remember, not too long before the exams though
Original post by Nadine_08
I've already chosen it and yeah it is quite easy. When did you start revising to get the A*?

I got an A overall for psychology.

And lol, I didnt revise much at all and I took the exam in year 10. I probably revised a week before the exam. I wish I revised a little more to get that A*.

Quick Reply

Latest