StudyMunchkin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

i am considering studying Psychology alongside Biology, Sociology and Government and Politics. Does anyone have an insight into what the subject involves? Do you think this group of subjects is manageable?

any and all helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!
LividLion
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm currently studying AQA Psychology (A) which the specification for can be found Here

It's broken up into a variety of topics with your AS year exams based on topics which are predetermined (Memory, Attachment, Research Methods, Abnormality, Social Psychology and Biological Psychology)

However, your A2 year leaves for a wide range of topics to be chosen to be used in your exam, PSYA3 specifically. You can choose 3 topics out of the 8 possible options for your first exam in A2. You will then be asked 3 essay questions on these 3 topics.

For your second exam in A2 you will have an essay question based on one of four topics (your choice); there will be 1 question chosen from 3 new topics for question 2 and for question 3 you will have research methods again (Which have been touched on in your AS year)

The subjects you have chosen are manageable, but with a considerable amount of work required. Psychology specially requires a considerable amount of remembering studies, theories, etc. However the subject is that interesting, that learning about some of these topics within the units can be fun (Research methods are just not fun ever). Things like Memory and Abnormality are some of the more interesting topics to me at least, which makes revision a much easier process.

I would recommend the subject to anybody.
El_42
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I study A level Psychology (B) and would highly recommend either AQA specification. Compared to Edexcel it's a breeze, however if you enjoy doing essay questions then Edcexcel might be for you. In terms of the subject I enjoy iy a lot and would recommend to anyone. You just have to be prepared to learn a lot of studies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (43)
46.74%
No, they should still go ahead (21)
22.83%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (28)
30.43%

Watched Threads