The Student Room Group

University entry requirements. Please help?

Hi so i have just finished year 12 and i got as grades of A (ENGLISH LIT) A (PSYCHOLOGY) B (ENGLISH LANG) AND B (HISTORY)
Im dropping psychology (i dislike it) so i ll be going into year 13 with Abb
There is a small chance my English Lang will go up to an A as it was only 4 marks off and we are remarking it.

My question is , i want to apply for English requirements at A2 are AAB.
As i only have ABB is there no point? Will they just automatically reject me??

What do universities look at when giving offers, your AS Grades or your predictions?

Also, what are my predictions for A2 likely to be? I got 95% in lit
78% in lang
And 75% in history

I would really like to be predicted an A* in lit and A's in the other two.

Do you think thats possible??

Thanks for any help, i really appreciate it as i 'm so confused. Also were your AS grades similar to your predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey, you should 100% apply, those are A2 requirements of AAB, with your ABB you could easily get that up to AAB for A2; I can almost guarantee people will get offers with grades of around ABC, ACC (probably no lower than this though). Also remember that universities take a holistic look at your application, and your personal statement will play a large role in whether you get an offer or not (your GCSE will probably also be taken into account).

A2 predicted grades, at least at my school are decided by your teachers and if you can convince them that you will work hard enough to get the predictions they'll almost certainly give you your desired predicted grades; it does help if your teachers like you though :P

Btw, congratulations on your great grades. Also, my AS predictions were quite far off what I actually got
Reply 2
Original post by JamesPallett
Hey, you should 100% apply, those are A2 requirements of AAB, with your ABB you could easily get that up to AAB for A2; I can almost guarantee people will get offers with grades of around ABC, ACC (probably no lower than this though). Also remember that universities take a holistic look at your application, and your personal statement will play a large role in whether you get an offer or not (your GCSE will probably also be taken into account).

A2 predicted grades, at least at my school are decided by your teachers and if you can convince them that you will work hard enough to get the predictions they'll almost certainly give you your desired predicted grades; it does help if your teachers like you though :P

Btw, congratulations on your great grades. Also, my AS predictions were quite far off what I actually got

Thankyou for your help! I will apply :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Unis tend to send a lot more offers than they have places since theres so much choice about, theres a good chance that applicants will reject them for other places.

I personally think you will be more than fine, even if your predictions were ABB. Chances are that you will get predicted something like A*AB/A*BB/A*AA - All depends on the teachers though / weird school policies. Unis tend to look at both really, but not the end of the world if your predictions / actual grades are slightly off

Quick Reply

Latest