Emperor Sheev
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there, I wanted to know what the best A2 chemistry revision guides are, I already have the A2 Chemistry Nelson Thornes textbook which is very good and informative but i would like a revision guide to use on the side as well, something that is highly summarised and does not go into unnecessary depth. I had these resources in mind:

What do you all make of these resources? Would you recommend any in particular? What are your thoughts on the books i have selected? I am doing AQA BTW.

Thanks in advance for your help .
Emperor Sheev
Rep:
?
BUMP
Kill3er
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Starting A2 in a week too, so can't really suggest anything. I used the CGP revision guides for GCSE and AS.
Emperor Sheev
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kill3er)
Starting A2 in a week too, so can't really suggest anything. I used the CGP revision guides for GCSE and AS.
Its okay. Thanks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emperor Sheev
Rep:
?
BUMP
Emperor Sheev
Rep:
?
I would appreciate some more help. I have not got a lot of replies back....
Emperor Sheev
Rep:
?
BUMP
Jackoclypse
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
CGP nuff said
The0K0ser
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get an OCR book and see i it helps you.
Solivagant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jatyization)
BUMP
The calculations book isn't worth getting. I bought it and haven't opened it once. Money well spent.
Emperor Sheev
Rep:
?
(Original post by Solivagant)
The calculations book isn't worth getting. I bought it and haven't opened it once. Money well spent.
Too late, I have already brought it ... Calculations is something i do tend to struggle a lot with in Chemistry and it has some mad reviews!

Hopefully i will use it.
Solivagant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Too late, I have already brought it ... Calculations is something i do tend to struggle a lot with in Chemistry and it has some mad reviews!

Hopefully i will use it.
Ah, you never know, it may come in handy
Emperor Sheev
Rep:
?
(Original post by Solivagant)
Ah, you never know, it may come in handy
I hope so!
Mini-Me
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I hope so!
Go for CGP. They explain everything a lot better than the official textbook, and are especially more clear on the specifics that you need to know.

But remember to use the textbook too, to make sure you get all the information possible.

Hope this helps
Emperor Sheev
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mini-Me)
Go for CGP. They explain everything a lot better than the official textbook, and are especially more clear on the specifics that you need to know.

But remember to use the textbook too, to make sure you get all the information possible.

Hope this helps
Thanks for your help! Do you think it is worth getting the CGP revision guide along with the Phillip allan series...
Mini-Me
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks for your help! Do you think it is worth getting the CGP revision guide along with the Phillip allan series...
No worries, thank with rep if you feel

I personally would, I've always loved and used CGP, and though the jokes are terrible it's nice to have a break from revision to groan at them
Emperor Sheev
Rep:
?
No worries, thank with rep if you feel

I personally would, I've always loved and used CGP, and though the jokes are terrible it's nice to have a break from revision to groan at them
Okay, I have always disliked CGP due to the layout but i have never actually had a CGP book, so i may just test it out and see how it goes!

Do you recommend this one?: http://www.amazon.co.uk/A2-Level-Che...MM2CGSJGZDXS4D
Mini-Me
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Okay, I have always disliked CGP due to the layout but i have never actually had a CGP book, so i may just test it out and see how it goes!

Do you recommend this one?: http://www.amazon.co.uk/A2-Level-Che...MM2CGSJGZDXS4D
I didn't use that one, I used this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/A2-Level-Che...A+A2+CHEMISTRY

So I would recommend this book as being good as it is an actual revision guide, though I'm sure the other would be just as good as well
Emperor Sheev
Rep:
?
I didn't use that one, I used this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/A2-Level-Che...A+A2+CHEMISTRY

So I would recommend this book as being good as it is an actual revision guide, though I'm sure the other would be just as good as well
Okay, thanks for the help!
TheFootyKing19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2840753

^ Selling 5 of my excellent chemistry revision guides. Grab a bargain, cheap!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?