The Student Room Group

Carreers Development Loan- Barclays or Co-op?

Hi,

I am due to start my MA end September, so I am really short of time for funding. Which of the Co-op or Barclays is the fastest?

I have heard Barclays takes 2 weeks to be processed? How long does the Co-op take?

Any help much appreciated :smile:
The bank you go with is almost inconsequential since the money comes from the skills funding agency - the bank simply acts as a point of contact which is readily available on the high street. When you go and hand your forms in to one of the banks, they just set you up on their system if you don't already bank with them then send the forms off to the SFA. Since it's the same people that decide on your application, logic would suggest that it should take the same length of time.

I've been waiting a couple of weeks now after applying through Barclays - they're taking their sweet time so I'd crack on ASAP.

(p.s don't hand in forms in to both banks on the assumption that you can just accept one or the other. They will both get declined, presuming you're trying to get two loans.)
Reply 2
Thanks a lot for your help, Ludwig :smile: I think I'll go for the co-op, simply because the form looks a drop faster to fill in ha.
I am really hoping it will come in fast though!!
How did you do, regarding the stamp from the learning provider??

Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein
The bank you go with is almost inconsequential since the money comes from the skills funding agency - the bank simply acts as a point of contact which is readily available on the high street. When you go and hand your forms in to one of the banks, they just set you up on their system if you don't already bank with them then send the forms off to the SFA. Since it's the same people that decide on your application, logic would suggest that it should take the same length of time.

I've been waiting a couple of weeks now after applying through Barclays - they're taking their sweet time so I'd crack on ASAP.

(p.s don't hand in forms in to both banks on the assumption that you can just accept one or the other. They will both get declined, presuming you're trying to get two loans.)
Reply 3
Original post by Mikada
Hi,

I am due to start my MA end September, so I am really short of time for funding. Which of the Co-op or Barclays is the fastest?

I have heard Barclays takes 2 weeks to be processed? How long does the Co-op take?

Any help much appreciated :smile:

Both take a while. If you are a customer with one of the banks then it is slightly faster going through them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending