The Student Room Group

Women and attraction/dating too confusing.

Most women seems very shy and fickle in matters of attraction... At least in my own experience.

I have a problem when it comes to attraction and knowing if a woman likes me.

The problem is because basically I am one of those personalities that is always genuinely nice to people in any situation, friendly, perhaps a tiny bit reserved (not extroverted), but at the same time very confident. The type of girls that (I think, just because of how friendly they were to me) may have been attracted in the past are usually very shy but genuinely very kind and nice types of girls.

I just simply do not know how to go about dating and attraction, it seems impossible to understand the dynamics of how this should really play out. I mean I could just ask out any reasonably attractive woman that I meet who is friendly with me, I seem to meet a lot who are, but is that really such a good idea. Most of the time you have no chance to actually get to know each other if it is a formal situation... Most of the time I find it is a formal situation where I meet a woman who is very very friendly towards me and that is most probably due to the fact that you have an actual reason/purpose to greet each other and interact and thus get a glimpse into their personality.

I almost feel like just not bothering and going through life to wait until a girl asks ME to meet up because of interest instead of me asking. The problem is that that would be a massive hindrance to my love life and the hope to find a partner.
It is just I feel that if a girl asks, then you know she is interested because of the fact girls don't seem to do that often so she is taking more of a chance. If I ask however, I feel liable to maybe get a date but then just be forgotten about or maybe even played... Girls can pick and choose. I don't have that luxury... If I ask a girl out I want it to be because there is already an interest there. Is that really so wrong? It is all so confusing.
Become a recluse.
Reply 2
You're over thinking it mate. Flirt a bit, judge interest, if signs are at all encouraging ask them out. You get lots of blow outs, but the occasional score makes it all worthwhile...
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
You're over thinking it mate. Flirt a bit, judge interest, if signs are at all encouraging ask them out. You get lots of blow outs, but the occasional score makes it all worthwhile...

In a world where lots of girls play along because they like the attention or maybe don't even realize you are flirting and just act really friendly, how on earth are you able to judge if there is some kind of real interest or attraction there. I just find it all so confusing and difficult.
You need to go balls deep
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
In a world where lots of girls play along because they like the attention or maybe don't even realize you are flirting and just act really friendly, how on earth are you able to judge if there is some kind of real interest or attraction there. I just find it all so confusing and difficult.

its not straightforward and you make a few mistakes along the way, but that is the price you have to pay to achieve bliss..
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
its not straightforward and you make a few mistakes along the way, but that is the price you have to pay to achieve bliss..

Hmmm maybe I should just ask out any random girl I meet who happens to be really friendly towards me then...? lol :tongue:

Like I said though I seem to attract very shy girls... This seems to happen all the time by shy friendly girls and I find this type of girl very very hard to read in matters of attraction.
Hmm that is pretty tough. To be honest I tend to be a little more flirty with guys I'm NOT interested because I have nothing to lose. But all girls are different so I think you should adapt to the girl.
And waiting for a girl to ask you out first is not something you should rely on. Personally due to past traumatic experiences I wouldn't. But like I said all girls are different you may find one confident enough to.

PS you sound like a lovely person and I don't know if this helps its but 1:30 am and I can barely keep my eyes open

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cforcoldplay
Hmm that is pretty tough. To be honest I tend to be a little more flirty with guys I'm NOT interested because I have nothing to lose. But all girls are different so I think you should adapt to the girl.
And waiting for a girl to ask you out first is not something you should rely on. Personally due to past traumatic experiences I wouldn't. But like I said all girls are different you may find one confident enough to.

PS you sound like a lovely person and I don't know if this helps its but 1:30 am and I can barely keep my eyes open

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why flirt with guys you're not interested in? You're leading them on.

Disgusting.
Original post by bittr n swt
Why flirt with guys you're not interested in? You're leading them on.

Disgusting.

Woah calm yourself ! I don't do because I enjoy leading them on, it just happens I honestly don't know and I don't do it on purpose

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending