Suitable for entry to Primary Education with QTS? Watch

la95
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
A family member of mine has recently completed her GCSEs and is looking to become a primary school teacher. She plans to study Childcare Level 3 at college, but I'm concerned that she won't be able to gain entry onto a primary education course (with QTS) at university with this qualification.

Can anybody offer some insight?
mary3434
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
my friend completed the course and is going to roehampton university in september to do primary teaching with QTS...
EllOhEllAy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did a BTEC in childcare level 3 and got a place at manchester met for primary education with QTS

Posted from TSR Mobile
glitterphobia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by la95)
A family member of mine has recently completed her GCSEs and is looking to become a primary school teacher. She plans to study Childcare Level 3 at college, but I'm concerned that she won't be able to gain entry onto a primary education course (with QTS) at university with this qualification.

Can anybody offer some insight?
I'm currently in 2nd year on Primary Ed and I know plenty of people on the course with BTEC Childcare. Just make sure she gets a good grade!
katyakay96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I studied the CACHE Level 3 in Childcare and Education and I'm going to Leeds Trinity University in September to study Primary Education with QTS. To be honest, I think studying childcare is the best way to go as they will gain so much experience working in a classroom which is one of the requirements to get a place on a Primary Education course at university. Also it helps so much with working with different age groups to find where you're more comfortable and you just get to learn from working on placement pretty much

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (334)
15.62%
The paper was reasonable (1166)
54.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (462)
21.61%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
8.23%

Watched Threads