AQA English Literature - Poetry Exam

Watch
FantasticMsFox
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Did anyone here do the "Relationships" section for Section A?

If your answer is yes, then what question did you do? I know there was a comparison between 'Ghazal' and one other poem from "Relationships", but I don't know the other question.

Also, did you find that the question you did was easy or hard?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did the 'Ghazal'-plus-one-other-poem question. I talked about Iambic Pentameter and I actually counted the number of syllables FOR EVERY SINGLE LINE (for 'Ghazal'). I noticed that every line except one had 12 syllables and that one line had 13 syllables, so I wrote about the feelings conveyed in the 13-syllable line compared to the rest of the poem.
I think I compared it to 'In Paris With You'. I also counted syllables. Both poems talk about love, but in different ways.

I was really happy about the fact that I had picked up on Iambic Pentameter? — Did you say anything about that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note...I noticed the possible innuendo in both 'Ghazal' and 'In Paris With You' only when a few classmates pointed it out. MY BRAIN WAS HURTING FROM THE THOUGHT OF POSSIBLE INNUENDO!! Send me a Private Message if you can relate or if you'd like to share your interpretations of one or both of these poems.
FantasticMsFox
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Did NO ONE do the "Relationships" section for Section A of the Poetry Exam?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (25)
22.32%
Unhappy (34)
30.36%
Conflicted (53)
47.32%

Watched Threads