The Student Room Group

No response?

I applied for support back at the start of April. Still no response whatsoever - just the "that's all we need for now" message.

I've known 3 different people say they had to call them and then it got sorted in no time. Guessing I should do this?
Hi there.

If you've submitted your application in April and have had it confirmed as received, it's not normal we wouldn't have sent any correspondence to you by now. It may be possible we have an incorrect address for you, or if you explained your parents/partner would be submitting financial information, but haven't done so yet, then your application will still be waiting for this.

If you're confident you have nothing else to submit then I would suggest calling us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks.
Hello,

Thankyou for the reply, I finally got around to calling today and SFE claims I have not sent in financial info for my dad - even though we very definitely did so.

They also claimed we were sent 2 letters and an email, which, strangely enough, none of which actually materialised.

It says on the online copy of the letter that if the document wasn't sent in by 26 June I might get less than I'm entitled to - is this true? If so can I contest this (given noone has actually contacted me?)

Cheers
Hi there.

If the letters are recorded in your online correspondence then they would have definitely been sent. Did you check the address and e-mail we had for you were correct?

If you do not send parents income details in time then you are automatically given a non-income based award to ensure you have some funding approved before your course begins, otherwise your application would still be held until we received the financial info.

Your father will not be able to submit his information online and would need to complete the paper version of the form to have this reassessed based on income. This form can be found here: http://bit.ly/1oVZ8tJ

Thanks
Hello,

The addresses are definitely correct, we're about 99% sure we haven't received them.

My father sent his financial details in again and this was signed for on the 12th. Nothing has updated on his account, it still says it's waiting for financial information, and my account still has the "that's all we need for now" message.

How long will/should it take for the details we sent in to be processed and to receive the means-tested amount?

Thanks in advance
Hi again

This information would be processed around 4 weeks from the 12th when we received the evidence, and we would write to you with an updated award. Please check your online account for updates as you will see the letter there before it arrives.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest