The Student Room Group

I had to drop out of university AMA

I was a successful student having a pretty good (though stressful!) time at university... And then I had to drop out.

Now I'm in full-time work, my second full-time job actually, and I can't help but be constantly upset at the situation but I'm doing my best to make it work and not to go home for a good while yet.

Essentially in answering questions I'm hoping to clarify to myself and to others that university isn't the entire world, even though it can feel like it, and I can also help others understand what happens when this becomes a necessity.
Reply 1
Original post by victoriahowells
I was a successful student having a pretty good (though stressful!) time at university... And then I had to drop out.

Now I'm in full-time work, my second full-time job actually, and I can't help but be constantly upset at the situation but I'm doing my best to make it work and not to go home for a good while yet.

Essentially in answering questions I'm hoping to clarify to myself and to others that university isn't the entire world, even though it can feel like it, and I can also help others understand what happens when this becomes a necessity.

There is a forum for AMA stuff...
Reply 2
What course did you study and at which university?
Did you drop out because of the stressful work load?
I was at Oxford Brookes doing Law. I guess it might have indirectly been due to stress, but I was having some major back problems that meant I couldn't go to lectures or study well, and essentially I fell literally an entire semester behind, I couldn't understand ANY of it really and my mind was kind of just focusing on other things.
Reply 4
Original post by victoriahowells
I was at Oxford Brookes doing Law. I guess it might have indirectly been due to stress, but I was having some major back problems that meant I couldn't go to lectures or study well, and essentially I fell literally an entire semester behind, I couldn't understand ANY of it really and my mind was kind of just focusing on
other things.

Qadar Allah, EVERY THING HAPPENS FOR THE BEST
are you happy now?
Can I bite you?

Quick Reply

Latest