jeeva_tj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys I'm currently doing my A2 in science. I've gotten my AS results and I got E E E. What I'm really worried about now is that will I be able to maintain my results for my A2. I want to my degree in law and all I need is 2 passes in A2. I don't want to retake any subjects. But will I be able to maintain my grade in A2.? As in maintain it as a pass??
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jeeva_tj)
Hi guys I'm currently doing my A2 in science. I've gotten my AS results and I got E E E. What I'm really worried about now is that will I be able to maintain my results for my A2. I want to my degree in law and all I need is 2 passes in A2. I don't want to retake any subjects. But will I be able to maintain my grade in A2.? As in maintain it as a pass??
Do really well this year and you can potentially boost them all to Cs.
Also, IF you want to, you can retake your As year after this year to try and boost them again.
jeeva_tj
Rep:
?
Welli really don't want to re sit due to financial problem. But then is it like really possible to boost them up even with an E? Thank you very much for your time really appreciate it
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Welli really don't want to re sit due to financial problem. But then is it like really possible to boost them up even with an E? Thank you very much for your time really appreciate it
Well yeah, but you'd probably need A*s in A2 to pull them up to a C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scienceisgood
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't forget, As is only worth half your total grade at A2.
So, let's just say your whole A level grade is out of 10, that means your As levels are a total of 5 points.

E grades are worth 40% minimum of the overall score, so, you know you got at least 2/5 so far.
Do REALLY well and get 80% minimum (4/5), this will boost to a 6/10 average which is the equivalent to a C grade. =)

EDIT:
Only said out of 10 because it makes it easier to deal with smaller numbers than 600 given I don't know your actual grade as your total UMS points are 600 for A level. =l
jeeva_tj
Rep:
?
Thank you very much for your comments guys! This really made me feel way better then how I was before. My A2 is coming up soon in October. Will try my best to really ace it. Thank you very much again.
Scienceisgood
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you very much for your comments guys! This really made me feel way better then how I was before. My A2 is coming up soon in October. Will try my best to really ace it. Thank you very much again.
The one thing I know about depression is that it WILL get to you if you let it.
That means your mind is elsewhere which leads to forgetfulness which is something I'm sure you don't want.

The most basic example I can think of is when you walk from one room into another and you completely forget what you were going to say because you have been distracted by something new. Depression is just an obsticle which is there to be IGNORED as it can only deter you from your goals and does nothing to help you in any way.

Look towards what you can do with what you can achieve because that will only push you further, the past has been decided, the future is what you make it and the present helps mold the future by your decisions.
jeeva_tj
Rep:
?
Truly agrer with what you've said. Very motivating as well . I just cant wait to finish a levels and to get into law school. Thank you very muchfor your time and have a great day!
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
The one thing I know about depression is that it WILL get to you if you let it.
That means your mind is elsewhere which leads to forgetfulness which is something I'm sure you don't want.

The most basic example I can think of is when you walk from one room into another and you completely forget what you were going to say because you have been distracted by something new. Depression is just an obsticle which is there to be IGNORED as it can only deter you from your goals and does nothing to help you in any way.

Look towards what you can do with what you can achieve because that will only push you further, the past has been decided, the future is what you make it and the present helps mold the future by your decisions.
That first sentence reminds me of the rocky balboa speech that inspired me to get out of my slump

Posted from TSR Mobile
jeeva_tj
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andy98)
That first sentence reminds me of the rocky balboa speech that inspired me to get out of my slump

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glad u did
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Glad u did
Yeah me too - now I have the best girlfriend anyone could dream of

Posted from TSR Mobile
anonymouspie227
Report 6 years ago
I'd just resit the year op
jeeva_tj
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andy98)
Yeah me too - now I have the best girlfriend anyone could dream of

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds even better. Haha all the best to you!
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sounds even better. Haha all the best to you!
You too

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (147)
14.54%
I'm not sure (43)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.97%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.66%

Watched Threads