This discussion is closed.
tehFrance
Badges: 17
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hunting Review

Hunting Review

This petition calls upon the house to launch a review into the current legislation in regards to hunting and the hunting bans currently in force.

This petition also calls upon the house to reverse any and all hunting restrictions currently in place that prohibit pest control of any kind as well as the ability to hunt on one's own land for not the aforementioned pest control but for food also.
Mr...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What do you want us to do/say? :confused:
tehFrance
(Original post by Mr...)
What do you want us to do/say? :confused:
Can you read as if you read the petition you'd see that I want a reversal of any and all hunting bans current in force and to make it easier to hunt on one's own land.
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Hunting Review

Hunting Review

This petition calls upon the house to launch a review into the current legislation in regards to hunting and the hunting bans currently in force.

This petition also calls upon the house to reverse any and all hunting restrictions currently in place that prohibit pest control of any kind as well as the ability to hunt on one's own land for not the aforementioned pest control but for food also.
Not usually I agree with you, but AYE. Definitely, as I live out in the countryside this happens quite a lot. We need lesser restrictions.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
in before the Green Party crush you all.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The present (or maybe the previous) Parliament voted to keep the Hunting Act. An acquaintance of mine runs a pest control company if you need help with unwanted pests.
tehFrance
(Original post by RayApparently)
in before the Green Party crush you all.
Now why would they crush me, they need to understand that conservation is what I'm all about I don't hunt for fun merely for food and to keep livestock safe. I'm part of the Countryside Alliance which, as we all know, is rather 'Green'

Edit: Just for clarification I'm part of BASC, CA and NFU, I'm a proud supporter of the countryside and it's conservation however there is a problem with pest control and current laws are anti-pest control, the fox hunting ban for example was a national tragedy that shouldn't have ever occurred.

I (the family business) also own an estate within the UK that has a farm on it's premises, I feel that most laws aren't helpful in helping the countryside at all, I would absolutely love to blame this solely on Labour however it lies more at the feet of the RL Tories
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have no intention of supporting a backtrack of the ban on hunting with dogs.
tehFrance
(Original post by O133)
I have no intention of supporting a backtrack of the ban on hunting with dogs.

Why wouldn't you? It's natural for dogs to defend their land against all aggressors.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Why wouldn't you? It's natural for dogs to defend their land against all aggressors.
They're not doing it out of choice as part of a hunt. Someone's dog going out and killing a fox is different to it all being turned into what is essentially a party.

I'm by no means massive on animal rights, but I don't support hunting with dogs.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I agree. Aye!
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I agree with hunting on one's own land but there is a difference between hunting with a shotgun and a gun dog, and hunting by allowing hounds to tear foxes to shreds. I would call on the government to relax current legislation regarding hunting bans but continue to legislate for the role of dogs in hunting.
Ruitker
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Abstain at the moment. I don't like the current ban but don't want a free for all on private land. I support a review of current laws but there needs to be a bill before I say aye or no.
Blue Meltwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Predictable green wishy-washy response: nope!
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No.
Fernand126
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ruitker)
Abstain at the moment. I don't like the current ban but don't want a free for all on private land. I support a review of current laws but there needs to be a bill before I say aye or no.
I agree with you. I say we think more about practical solutions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tehFrance
(Original post by O133)
They're not doing it out of choice as part of a hunt. Someone's dog going out and killing a fox is different to it all being turned into what is essentially a party.

I'm by no means massive on animal rights, but I don't support hunting with dogs.
Is it different? Foxes are pests and should be killed for the sake of the poultry on estates and farms, it's no different to using a gun on them. No party here
(Original post by Blue Meltwater)
Predictable green wishy-washy response: nope!
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
No.
Any reason or is this the typical lefty response of "no" without backing up?
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is it different? Foxes are pests and should be killed for the sake of the poultry on estates and farms, it's no different to using a gun on them. No party here

Any reason or is this the typical lefty response of "no" without backing up?
They should not be killed brutally for sport. If you find pest control so enjoyable that's what you want to spend your Boxing Day doing (and the whole town coming out to watch you set off on your party pest control session) then it's probably a thinly veiled excuse for a party.
tehFrance
(Original post by O133)
They should not be killed brutally for sport. If you find pest control so enjoyable that's what you want to spend your Boxing Day doing (and the whole town coming out to watch you set off on your party pest control session) then it's probably a thinly veiled excuse for a party.
Hate to break it to you but these hunts happen more than once a year....
Typhoon235
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd like to be able to hunt for food, but not with a gun, with a bow. I have a compound bow and legally I'm not allowed to hunt animals with it, yet in some situations it can be a more humane kill as the broadhead arrows cause massive internal damage and therefore the animal bleeds out quicker and the time until death is greatly reduced.

Let's not forget that the UK is arguably the home of the bow!

I also have a problem with some magpies around my area so it'd be useful to me if I could remove some of them. Large groups keep invading my garden and I'm sick of it.

EDIT: So yeah I agree with the petition.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (132)
14.78%
I'm not sure (40)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (268)
30.01%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (431)
48.26%

Watched Threads