What do most girls wear on nights out during freshers week?

Watch
CurlyC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(sorry if this is in the wrong forum, thought it suited this one better)

Obviously I know there are fancy dress nights, but what do girls tend to wear on the nights without hall t-shirts/fancy dress?
Are they nice casual dress type of nights , skirt & top or something more 'relaxed'? Also, do people wear heels, flats or trainers?:confused:
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
All depends. Just play it by ear. Obviously a night at the union bar would be a lot more casual than at a big nightclub in town.
Tom78
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
^^^ This, freshers nights will be casual dress, obviously the nights can be a bit messy so don't go too overboard!
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I either wear a dress or skirt/short top combo or a playsuit and carry a little clutch bag, I always where heels no matter where I'm going though as I'm too short not to without feeling uncomfortable.
tillytots
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Standard student uniform in manchester is shorts, crop top and trainers.

I found I was so overdressed in freshers with skits and heels. High waisted skirt, top and ballet flats is now my standard. Most students bars are cheap and grotty so nobody bothers!
bumblebee342
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wear whatever you're comfortable in - don't feel that you have to dress up loads and wear heels!

I tend to wear a skirt and a top or a dress and then flats (and a load of make up to make up for dressing more casually!). I know people that wear jeans and flats out, none of them wear heels! I usually consider the fact that I get alcohol chucked all over me on a night out as well

Depends what you're comfortable in and you can always talk to your flatmates or whoever beforehand
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (592)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads