The Student Room Group

How can I talk to girls without boring them?

I hardly have any experience talking to girls and the stuff I talk about tends to be very limited, eventually they get bored of me.

When I meet a girl and get her number, we first talk about uni, work blah blah.. then I move onto interests and hobbies but after that the conversation goes dead.. Would it sound creepy or weird if I talked about relationships/sex so early?

I need advice
Quite creepy and weird.
"Oh hello, how are you? Would you like to have sex?"
Women are complex creatures, unlike men.
They did a psychology study where they used researchers asking Uni students straight up if they wanted sex. Men said yes like 75% of all cases, Women, 0%.
Talk to them in real life, much better.
Instead you should be thinking 'is she boring me' if you have things going in that vain you'll have her being the one thinking of ways to entertain you...
Figure out methods which would bring amusement into the conversation.
Pay full attention to the girl, assuming that she's an interesting person to talk to, but do not stare at her eyes & lips, it would make her feel uncomfortable.
And yes, be yourself when talking to girls; a false personality would cause trouble along the way.
How can a girl talk to a guy without boring them?
Unless of course, she also suffers the same dilemma...
Reply 6
I think it's just me, the fact that I can easily make a conversation dead because i run out of things to say... Even when talking to a girl in person. I need to change this
"Always look on the bright side of life"
<Whistles>
I seriously don't understand why men always have to be the one to start/control conversations?
OP, if you want to get far, just don't get worked up about what to say and let her speak and listen well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
make jokes ofen- girls love that. its the only way i can talk to them when i first meet cos idk what their interests are and they love humour.
in her interests and hobbies there must surely be something that you like and can talk about.
if you want to start convos talk about relatable stuff, current events that are amusing, ask her what she likes idk.
By not talking to them! :teehee:
Original post by LostGear
I seriously don't understand why men always have to be the one to start/control conversations?
OP, if you want to get far, just don't give a damn and let her speak....

Well he would be waiting for like forever as Girls rarely start convos with guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Girls love talking to a guy who listens. Just get her started then seem interested. She will never stop.
This is more for IRL situations but pay attention to her and gauge her reactions. If she looks distracted or isn't paying attention she's probably getting bored; in that case, turn the conversation to her and ask her some questions, or change the subject. Try not to be repetitive, find things you have in common, and lastly don't blather on about things :smile:
It's easy:

Ask a question, listen and keep asking more questions based on the answers.

Show you have a real interest in what is being said.

When you relax a bit, show that you have a sense of humour and a can diffuse a serious topic. Be sure to use humility when talking about yourself. Top tips: never boast - EVER. Never put down someone else, never condescend. Stay off the boring subjects like football and also heated subjects like politics and religion.

Pick things that you may have a common interest in: music, movies, art and literature but don't dwell.

Confidence, confidence, confidence but never arrogance.
Dude talk about what ever YOU want to talk about, this is because topics like these are easy for you to exude passion. Girls I know like a guy with passion for things. It's not all about her man, that's where many guys fail. She most often looking for what can you offer her, you're looking to offer her e.g offer her a convo she really loves... who is looking after what you want?
However best way to have an amazing convo is a simple sequence.
1. Ask something/ Comment on something that'll evoke a response
2. Talk/Joke/Tease her on what was said (teasing is good for beginnings of convos, not the ends)
3. Ask a question/comment on what was just said
When you feel the topic ending don't wait for it to end, switch up topic.

Easy really =)
I understand but I don't want to feel like I'm an interviewer or something along those lines... I'm not the best at keeping the conversation going, sometimes I have to rely on the girl to prevent awkward silences
Bump

any other advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending