How to stop cutting myself shaving?Watch
Now my other problem was that i cut myself loads even when I take loads of care. I probably cut myself every other time I shave. I know I have sensitive skin (and i am talking EXTREMELY sensitive). I even had my first shave at a barbers hoping he wouldn't cut me and he ended up embarrassed when he finished the shave and I had cuts all over my face! Even safety razors don't work for cuts! Any tips on how to stop cuts?
My current routine is:
- Warm water onto the areas I'm going to shave
- Proraso shaving soap - lots of it and keep rubbing it until it lathers
- Very small amount of warm water with the soap on my face
- Shave with warm water, cleaning my blade constantly (Wilkinson hydro 5), with the grain
- Wash off excess soap and lose hairs with cold water
- Pat dry and hold towel on any cuts so they clot
- Cetaphil sensitive moisturiser on shaved area
Electric ones are 1 thing I haven't tried! Do you know the best electric razor? I'm happy to pay loads more if it stops me cutting myself
Plus it will save you money long run as you won't have to get shaving cream and other products to help.
if you're changing the blade often enough and not going side to side with it I think you better give up and get a philishave tbh.
Consider a DE razor - e.g. Edwin Jagger DE89 or similar.