The Student Room Group

Is events management a good course?

Can anyone tell me all there is to know about the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
It's good if you want to get into a career managing big corporate events/ public events.
Original post by godd
It's good if you want to get into a career managing big corporate events/ public events.

Have you done the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it a degree course? Sounds easy and not intellectually challanging.
Original post by synthesis
Is it a degree course? Sounds easy and not intellectually challanging.

It isn't, but its a very socialable and entertaining job. I'd rather do that than be stuck in a office or lad:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My flatmate has just graduated from a hospitality management course, he did the 4 year one with a year in industry after second year. From what he said about it the modules available (although check what they are at the uni you want to apply to...) are a good mix of economics, HR, business as well as practicals of running events. It seems like the course has some transferable skills, and whilst not as challenging as a degree in rocket science it doesn't mean that its not valuable if you want to go down that route! If possible try to get a relevant job or experience alongside your degree, that way not only will you have better insight for some assignments but you will be better prepared for a job when you finish. It is also an excellent opportunity to make contacts in the field, he did some great things on the course that would have been hard to do without having studied at uni.
Original post by RachelFiveee
My flatmate has just graduated from a hospitality management course, he did the 4 year one with a year in industry after second year. From what he said about it the modules available (although check what they are at the uni you want to apply to...) are a good mix of economics, HR, business as well as practicals of running events. It seems like the course has some transferable skills, and whilst not as challenging as a degree in rocket science it doesn't mean that its not valuable if you want to go down that route! If possible try to get a relevant job or experience alongside your degree, that way not only will you have better insight for some assignments but you will be better prepared for a job when you finish. It is also an excellent opportunity to make contacts in the field, he did some great things on the course that would have been hard to do without having studied at uni.

Thats really interesting! Hows your flatmate doing with finding a job after completing the course?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending