abbelalan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,
I'm currently considering a degree in political science or something along those lines (open to similar degree suggestions ). I received my GCSE results and achieved:
A*'s in r.e, geography and economics
A's in business studies, art, biology, chemistry and English literature
B's in maths, physics and English language
I was wondering how much focus LSE emphasises on GCSE'S and whether I have a chance of getting accepted for one of their degrees (I know I can't do economics there due to my maths result).
I was also considering a joint political science degree at Birmingham and again whether my GCSE results could pose a problem.
Lastly I was wondering what A levels would be suitable and sought after for this type of degree as I am unclear on what to choose.
It would help me if you were on a course similar (or the same as) to political science and tell me what uni you are at!
Thanks for the help and advice
sarah263
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would say for a degree in political science or something along those lines, the subjects at A-level which would be really useful would be, business, politics, psychology, english language, history. Im thinking of politics, international relations or a law degree at the moment, currently starting A2 in September and i study business, politics, psychology and biology. I think any a level subject could be useful, because you sort of have that all round kind of knowledge
im terrible at explaining

anyways hope i helped

Well done on your results
sarah263
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
also universities tend to first look at your A level results and your personal statements, and if there are loads of applicants who have basically the same A2 predictions and similar personal statements, then they would look at your GCSE'S, but normally uni's just say it to scare you. for example; you got a B in maths GCSE, and you take it on as an a level subject and you get an A (which is absolutely possible) they are not going to say oh well this person got a B in GCSE so nope they do not get a place. However they would see the fact that you have improved. You do have a chance a getting into LSE, just up to your AS grades and A2 predictions.
abbelalan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by sarah263)
also universities tend to first look at your A level results and your personal statements, and if there are loads of applicants who have basically the same A2 predictions and similar personal statements, then they would look at your GCSE'S, but normally uni's just say it to scare you. for example; you got a B in maths GCSE, and you take it on as an a level subject and you get an A (which is absolutely possible) they are not going to say oh well this person got a B in GCSE so nope they do not get a place. However they would see the fact that you have improved. You do have a chance a getting into LSE, just up to your AS grades and A2 predictions.
Ok, thank you for your help it was really useful! I think for A level I might do history, economics, chemistry or biology and art maybe! Anyways, thank you!
sarah263
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
oh no worries, Good luck
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by abbelalan)
Hello,
I'm currently considering a degree in political science or something along those lines (open to similar degree suggestions ). I received my GCSE results and achieved:
A*'s in r.e, geography and economics
A's in business studies, art, biology, chemistry and English literature
B's in maths, physics and English language
I was wondering how much focus LSE emphasises on GCSE'S and whether I have a chance of getting accepted for one of their degrees (I know I can't do economics there due to my maths result).
I was also considering a joint political science degree at Birmingham and again whether my GCSE results could pose a problem.
Lastly I was wondering what A levels would be suitable and sought after for this type of degree as I am unclear on what to choose.
It would help me if you were on a course similar (or the same as) to political science and tell me what uni you are at!
Thanks for the help and advice
You might want to try the undergraduate forum, this is the postgraduate one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.68%
No (648)
65.32%

Watched Threads