Dan.J
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, im 25 and have decided that im tired of working for other people so would like to study business to increase my chances of starting a successful business or at least get a middle management position for a while, ive looked at the open university Ba(hons) business studies course and like the sound of it as i would still need to work in order to pay all of my bills and stuff, but some people are suggesting to do an access course in business first.

Ive been to uni before (brick and mortar uni) but i only did my first year as i decided it wasnt for me, but i know how the essays and assisgnments need to be presented and written (referencing etc) so i would just like a little advice on wether the open uni Ba(hons) would be fine or wether an access course would be beneficial. Id rather not waste time doing a course i dont really need to do.:confused:

thanks for your help
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
You certainly don't need to do an access course to prepare for an OU degree. OU level 1 modules are specially designed to ease people into higher education - I did zero prep and managed perfectly well, you will too. OU level 1 courses are pass/fail, that means the mark you get has no bearing on your final degree classification. I would only do an access course if you want to do a degree at a brick university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
15.05%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (96)
32.11%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.71%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.7%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.69%
I think it's an unfair expectation (74)
24.75%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1%

Watched Threads