?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Th
Fredricka
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are you still at school or college? They should be able to arrange for you to resit as these days you have to keep retaking until you achieve a pass. Sounds like it may be better for you to retake the whole course again as you got Es in your controlled assessments.
I got a D and am hoping just to retake the exam as I got B/C in my controlled assessments.
I am gutted so know how you must feel.
Good luck!
sam_xox
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTE=ArabicBoy;49754993]Hello there.

can anyone please help me i have goten my results and have got E in english my coursework is E aswell does anyone know how to improve please need help IMPORTANT?[/QUOTE
Using sophisticated language is key to attain B's, A's and A*'s in GCSE. Personally, reading a lot if books proved extremely beneficial for me as I started to embed the sophisticated vocabulary I picked up- which made my essays and responses sound more convincing.
Hope this helps
username1460451
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fredricka)
Are you still at school or college? They should be able to arrange for you to resit as these days you have to keep retaking until you achieve a pass. Sounds like it may be better for you to retake the whole course again as you got Es in your controlled assessments.
I got a D and am hoping just to retake the exam as I got B/C in my controlled assessments.
I am gutted so know how you must feel.
Good luck!
ye
Gingerbread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ArabicBoy)
Hello there.

can anyone please help me i have goten my results and have got E in english my coursework is E aswell does anyone know how to improve please need help IMPORTANT?
Hi
As has already been said, studies do show that reading makes you a better writer (and visa versa in fact!).
Also, you should have a look at example essays- have you received any feedback about which areas you're losing marks in? You should try and find where you need to improve (for example, do you include quotes and state what technique is being used in literature? Do you use paragraph and sentence variation in language?)
If you find a particular area that you want to improve on it makes it a lot easier Also, is this English literature or language?
username1460451
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gingerbread101)
Hi
As has already been said, studies do show that reading makes you a better writer (and visa versa in fact!).
Also, you should have a look at example essays- have you received any feedback about which areas you're losing marks in? You should try and find where you need to improve (for example, do you include quotes and state what technique is being used in literature? Do you use paragraph and sentence variation in language?)
If you find a particular area that you want to improve on it makes it a lot easier Also, is this English literature or language?

ye
Gingerbread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yea i do know them but they didnt tell me where i was loosing marks on
Do you have an extract of some of your work?
It also depends on what it is you're doing, you need different skills for language and literature
Sherlock1984
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yea i do know them but they didnt tell me where i was loosing marks on
Lots of people will lose marks on putting in extra information that doesn't add to the piece or doesn't make sense- try refining the piece down to your point, how the text supports the point (I.e. quotes, techniques used by the author) and what this could suggest, as in the mood, use or point of the text, the ideas of the author and how it affects the audience. Hope this helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads