Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am doing P1, M1 and S1 only for the coming AS level exam and I plan to do P2-P6, M2-M4 and D1 before Jan (or maybe i wont do M4, P5 and P6 yet, that's for my GCE A2 FM)

however i will be studying myself. How hard do you think this is and how long should i spend per day after the AS exam (imagine I have 4 months)

ReputationRep:
    That's nine modules. At our college we just manage to fit in 3 modules in a year, given 5.5 hours a week including homework. We have about say 25 weeks, which is about 45 hours per module. Say you have 4 months, that is 2.25 modules a month, which, at the same rate as our college, leads to about 100 hours a month.

ReputationRep:
    i did self study further maths.

ReputationRep:
    I will be doing.
    How are you going to take exams? Just pay a centre to enter you?

ReputationRep:
    I am going to be self studying P3 and M2 (already done P1, sitting P2, M1, S1 this summer) and will be taking the modules in January. This will allow me to do further maths to AS level, learning three modules in school.

Anyone have any tips or comments about the ease of this? Are there any courses I could go on?

ReputationRep:
    How do you take these exams without having proper training? Do you pay your college? Or do they let you take them?

ReputationRep:
    Well on average you should be studying 2-3 hours/day on maths if you are doing M and FM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrad)
    I am going to be self studying P3 and M2 (already done P1, sitting P2, M1, S1 this summer) and will be taking the modules in January. This will allow me to do further maths to AS level, learning three modules in school.

Anyone have any tips or comments about the ease of this? Are there any courses I could go on?
    no u cant

for FM AS, P4 is compulsory

100 hours per month.. thats 3.33 hours per day.. well, maybe just employ a private tutor to help with questions

actually the standard of Hong Kong local mathematics is really high (year 11 math is like P3) so i think i will have no problem finding people to help

i will be talking to the HK Examination Board about it in late august to get more information

ReputationRep:
    I will take P4, S2, S3 in school next year. How much are private tutors?

ReputationRep:
    One big tip:

Do as many exams as possible (resits and 1st time sits) in november. Less stress and further chance to resit if something else goes wrong. You get them outta the way earlier too. definately worth doing. also you don't have to worry about any other subjects. and they are usually imediately after november half term so u got some time for learning then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrad)
    I will take P4, S2, S3 in school next year. How much are private tutors?
    A lot. Of course they vary, but one my friend has charges £20 an hour.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.