The Student Room Group

Good early entry grades

Last week I recieved my early entry GCSE results. These are my predicted end of year 11 grades:

Maths: A*
English Language: A
English Literature: A
-------------------------------
What I achieved this year:

Maths: A
English Language: B
English Literature: B
----------------------------------
Are these results a good position to be in with a year left to retake and achieve my predicted grades? Also, is it worth retaking english literature or is a B good enough - I want to do science and maths based subjects at A-level.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by RG110man
Last week I recieved my early entry GCSE results. These are my predicted end of year 11 grades:

Maths: A*
English Language: A
English Literature: A
-------------------------------
What I achieved this year:

Maths: A
English Language: B
English Literature: B
----------------------------------
Are these results a good position to be in with a year left to retake and achieve my predicted grades? Also, is it worth retaking english literature or is a B good enough - I want to do science and maths based subjects at A-level.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

They are good grades as they are and you should be fine with them.

Going on to improve them? Yes you can. You have another year and lots can change in that space of time but if you feel like you have too many other subjects and work to do then don't. Talk to your teachers and see what they say. How close were you to the grade boundaries?
Reply 2
Original post by 8472
They are good grades as they are and you should be fine with them.

Going on to improve them? Yes you can. You have another year and lots can change in that space of time but if you feel like you have too many other subjects and work to do then don't. Talk to your teachers and see what they say. How close were you to the grade boundaries?

For Maths I don't know the raw mark, I need to ask my teacher.
For Literature I was 8 UMS off an A.
For Language I was 12 UMS off an A.

Quick Reply

Latest