The Student Room Group

Who provides this reference?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xNcDianna
Interesting, so you went through clearing and not through adjustment - my friend is thinking of applying fresh whilst in uni.

I can imagine that too - may I ask you what 1st year is like, is it harder than A2 - is it more work?

No, this was years ago for my first degree, I'm on my 2nd undergrad degree at UCL. Depends where you go at Soton, first year didn't count to final grade. So the first year didn't mean much, all you need to do was effectively do was pass. Other places like KCL, the 1st year counts to the classification of the overall degree, so its handwork from day 1. So thats another thing to take into consideration! I personally found A2 harder then 1 year of a degree.
Reply 21
Original post by SloaneRanger
No, this was years ago for my first degree, I'm on my 2nd undergrad degree at UCL. Depends where you go at Soton, first year didn't count to final grade. So the first year didn't mean much, all you need to do was effectively do was pass. Other places like KCL, the 1st year counts to the classification of the overall degree, so its handwork from day 1. So thats another thing to take into consideration! I personally found A2 harder then 1 year of a degree.

Oh right that tends to be the difference with which uni you go to. May I also ask what was your courseload like at degree, was it less than that of a2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending