The Student Room Group

Resitting AS vs A2 (12&13)

Can I just ask, why are sixth forms more reluctant to let year 13s resit than letting year 12s resit? Is it to do with funding? As I've seen that go around a lot but some say it's still free when up until 19? Thanks in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by anwarpwnsall
Can I just ask, why are sixth forms more reluctant to let year 13s resit than letting year 12s resit? Is it to do with funding? As I've seen that go around a lot but some say it's still free when up until 19? Thanks in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it may be because year 13's need to in order to get their uni offers.
Original post by ritazip
I think it may be because year 13's need to in order to get their uni offers.

so wouldn't that be a reason for letting year 13s resit? As they know what they need to get and how manageable etc
Reply 4
Original post by anwarpwnsall
so wouldn't that be a reason for letting year 13s resit? As they know what they need to get and how manageable etc

Yes that would be, I don't think I worded it well :tongue:
Original post by ritazip
Yes that would be, I don't think I worded it well :tongue:

Haha :tongue: I didn't get great grades so needed to resit a few exams but sixth form wont let me because its 'against their policy' yet someone in my geography last year resat and all he had to say was he would try harder...and one of my friends got offered to resit again yet he's already resat year 12 and has worse grades than me :/
I'm in an awkward position! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest