Stationary and How to keep everything organized?

Watch
FloresMae
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello. Sorry if this seems dumb but there is less than 2 weeks till I start my post 16 and I'm doing A-levels in Physics, Chemistry and Computing. I will be doing A-level maths the further year due to the fact I need to re-sit GCSE maths since I only got a Grade C.

So yeah, do I need notebooks or folders with refill pads? or so on? because I don't want to buy lots of stationary that's not useful. Also how does everyone keep all their work organized for these subjects? My main misunderstanding is A-level computing, am I best of with notebooks or folders? Thankyou.
Zaray
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FloresMae)
Hello. Sorry if this seems dumb but there is less than 2 weeks till I start my post 16 and I'm doing A-levels in Physics, Chemistry and Computing. I will be doing A-level maths the further year due to the fact I need to re-sit GCSE maths since I only got a Grade C.

So yeah, do I need notebooks or folders with refill pads? or so on? because I don't want to buy lots of stationary that's not useful. Also how does everyone keep all their work organized for these subjects? My main misunderstanding is A-level computing, am I best of with notebooks or folders? Thankyou.
its not dumb at all ... I suggest a pencil case its really helpful!!
LilyZo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a folder split into different sections for my different subjects that's filled with notepaper that I carry around as a exercise book for everything. Then all I need to do is bring a textbook to whatever lesson which makes for a lighter bag. I then file the notes into subject lever arch files or use them to make a revision aid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
iamabbie97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I start in September too! I'm taking biology, maths, photography and geography!
I'll use biology as an example. I've bought 2 notebooks. 1 is 80 pages- this will be to outline my textbooks and for purely independent revision. Then I bought a 200 page project book from Oxford, and it has removable dividers, so I've split it into 2 subjects (100 pages each) so 1 subject for unit 1, and another subject for unit 2. I have also bought a lever arch to keep loose paper in, because I cannot bare gluing it in!

Geography is similar, except I have a 140 page book for unit 1 and 2, and then another notebook for coursework.

For maths I got a ring binder for worksheets and loose paper, and a 200 page A4 graph paper notebook from pukka pad.

And for photography I've got my camera, memory stick and memory card just for the subject.

I hope I've helped it's taken me a while to get it all together and planned out, but it helped me immensely at GCSE and I hope it will help at a-level too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed