The Student Room Group

a levrl choice

Gcse B in maths physics chemistry but only Grade C in English and hopes of an engineering career and degree would English make A level to hard
Original post by sarahde
Gcse B in maths physics chemistry but only Grade C in English and hopes of an engineering career and degree would English make A level to hard

Doing English at A level wth a C grade in GCSE will probably be hard :yep:
Reply 2
Sorry I not being clear I have been told A level chemistry would be hard with only getting c in English as language skills would make getting info down hard ? Can't decide to give it try it to applied scirnce
well you'd probably need to work on your Engish skills before starting university but personally I'd think it's worth doing..
Reply 4
For engineering a grade C at GCSE English is generally enough and certainly fits the minimum requirement for many courses.
My elder son is dyslexic and got a B.Eng degree and funnily enough one of his tutors at uni said that dyslexia and language skill problems were not uncommon amongst engineering types. I'm not saying you have dyslexia or anything but if you have language skill problems have you been tested for such?

People who are diagnosed get an awful lot of help at uni. Free hardware, software, assistance with note taking and proofreading etc. This is just general info for anyone out there with these kind of issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending