The Student Room Group

Medical school health questionnaire

Hi so I'm new to TSR! I'm 20 and recovering from about 6 years of mental health problems including bulimia, ocd, anxiety, depression, self harming behaviours and psychosis. I was sectioned 4 times on both 2's and 3's and twice on a 136 with the police. But I'm just starting to get my life back and have decided I want to to medicine. Will I pass the medical requirements to get into medical school or would I be classed as too unstable? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance!!
Email the unis but the sectioning will probably be on a criminal record check so you would have to declare it in applying. I think they take these things on a case by case basis. Also you would have to prove bulimia recovery because they are quite concerned with eating disorders and students health.
Okay thanks very much! I will do :smile: do you know if you have to have a period of stability and how long that is?? Thanks!
Original post by LucyWorthington
Okay thanks very much! I will do :smile: do you know if you have to have a period of stability and how long that is?? Thanks!

As said above, things like this are handled on a case-by-case basis, you probably won't find these sort of answers on here or on the internet. The best bet is to contact the unis that you're considering applying to.

Every medical school requires you to undergo a DBS check, so if you have any convictions or such which show up on a criminal record, then you must declare it to your unis at the earliest opportunity so that they know.
Okay thank you both :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending