Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Since there are some other subject societies about, I thought it would be fitting to have a UKL History Society. I know a few people will be interested, so if you want to join, please reply or pm me. Everyone who's interested in History is welcome, not just those studying it at school or at university.

ReputationRep:
    Yay!!! I'll join... love History.

By the way, where in Germany do you live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommyboy)
    Yay!!! I'll join... love History.

By the way, where in Germany do you live?
    Great! Our first member! I live in NRW (North-Rhine-Westfalia)

ReputationRep:
    I, of course, will grace you with my membership

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    I'd like to join please .

How do I do it?
    Well, just put in your sig that you're a member... I'll make a list of members when we have some more people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    I, of course, will grace you with my membership
    Thanks Claire! Well done...

ReputationRep:
    yep, me too, studying GCSE's, doing a levels, probs to do politics/history degree so i guess that counts as an interest in history, afraid it runs in the family

ReputationRep:
    Can I join? I'm a bit of a political history enthusiast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Che)
    yep, me too, studying GCSE's, doing a levels, probs to do politics/history degree so i guess that counts as an interest in history, afraid it runs in the family
    Oh, in yours, too? My dad studied it at uni... but I discovered it on my own, way before I was taught it at school. There must be a History gene

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Can I join? I'm a bit of a political history enthusiast.
    Welcome, hildabeast!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    Since there are some other subject societies about, I thought it would be fitting to have a UKL History Society. I know a few people will be interested, so if you want to join, please reply or pm me. Everyone who's interested in History is welcome, not just those studying it at school or at university.
    Of course I'll join, but as you know, my specialty is history of warfare, as we did post on the warfare history discussion thread Good to see you again my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Of course I'll join, but as you know, my specialty is history of warfare, as we did post on the warfare history discussion thread Good to see you again my friend.
    Hi, mate! Nice to see you! Welcome!

ReputationRep:
    UKL History Society Members: (please post or pm me if you want to join)

AboveMyChamberD
    aliel
    ames123
    Black Diamond
    B00kwOrm
    Bradders
    Cellardore
    charlord
    Che
    Claire 1985
    Counterpoint
    curryADD
    Dajoruna
    danii17
    drago di giada
    Eddie 87-04
    EmJ
    Everdawn
    Fly By
    gemma.....
    gillj97
    happysunshine
    H&E
    Heather_1
    hildabeast
    historyhoney
    IZZY!
    jamierwilliams
    jammyd
    jessica_h
    jinsisi
    johncleaner
    John Paul Jones
    Linin
    LittleMissShine
    Lord Huntroyde
    manps
    MattG
    maz superstar
    nen
    nooneknows
    paymaster
    phiphi
    piggysqueak
    RainbowJo
    Safc26
    scarlet ibis
    Scottus_Mus
    Sire
    Swing
    teamvillage
    ThornsnRoses
    Tiger
    tommyboy
    totalnatal
    Trundle
    Vivian
    Will
    Xulfer

ReputationRep:
    I'll join - I have long been interested in History and am considering taking it to degree-level.

ReputationRep:
    'Oh, in yours, too? My dad studied it at uni... but I discovered it on my own, way before I was taught it at school. There must be a History gene '

yeah dad lectures in it too, but ive always liked it, hmmm i still rememebr all them terry deary books - 'horrible histories' they were great.........

ReputationRep:
    Can I join this society...? I am currently taking AS History at sixth form and hopefully taking in to A2 aswell...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    Can I join this society...? I am currently taking AS History at sixth form and hopefully taking in to A2 aswell...
    Of course you can, just add it the link to your sig, that way people will now you're a member and find the thread more easily...

ReputationRep:
    Could all members please put a link in their sig or say they're a member, that way other people can find us...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    Could all members please put a link in their sig or say they're a member, that way other people can find us...
    Certainly, but what is going to be the first topic of discussion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Certainly, but what is going to be the first topic of discussion?
    Why don't you propose one? Our last discussion was very interesting until it got off the topic... Also, I think Heather_1 had a problem with her essay on the views about the Poor Law (http://www.uk-learning.net/t38303.html).

I was going to wait until we have some more members and then ask for our own sub-forum, this way we can make all sorts of academic and other discussion threads related to History and have them all in one place.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.