Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    ok this is probably a long shot, and im expecting a negative answer, but in their travells, is it possible someone has come across Primary Sources about Etruscan burial?

Thats the only thing that is driving me bonkers!!!!
    I'm afraid not... Is this your dissertation topic now, or can you still change? Finding sources can be a real headache at times... Could you tell us a bit about it, only if you have time of course, I'd be interested. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    I'm afraid not... Is this your dissertation topic now, or can you still change? Finding sources can be a real headache at times... Could you tell us a bit about it, only if you have time of course, I'd be interested. Good luck!
    Im doing a comparitive of Etruscan and Egyptian Mortuary Practices. I have some sources, Roman mostly describing the Etruscan Burial.

Sure, Ill tell you guys about, I may even post my essay once ive finished. But Ill post a tid-bit on it tomorrow, when im not so drowsy!

ReputationRep:
    That's for her A2 personal study... 3000 words... That's the problem...
    ahh whoops, well they could still do it, i did an essay of about 3000 on a similar topic concerning the russian revolution, and as things like that arent really covered at that level the assessor may be heartily impressed i can recommend some good books

p.s. if anyone wants any info on the russian revolution, such as books, sources etc, contact me, i may be abel to help

ReputationRep:
    Hey, quick off topic question here.. Who was it that said "An Eye for an Eye?"
    I'm leaning towards Hamurabi's Code.. but I can't remember, and I'm too lazy to look at my notes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    Hey, quick off topic question here.. Who was it that said "An Eye for an Eye?"
    I'm leaning towards Hamurabi's Code.. but I can't remember, and I'm too lazy to look at my notes.
    You would be 100 % correct.

ReputationRep:
    You would be 100 % correct.
    Thank you. heh, I actually had forgotten that I posted that query. hmm.. Shows how good my memory is. *rolls eyes*

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. heh, I actually had forgotten that I posted that query. hmm.. Shows how good my memory is. *rolls eyes*
    Yep! they were the first set of laws written down in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Yep! they were the first set of laws written down in the world.
    yeah, I knew that much. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Its a good law, if not a bit barbaric.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I knew that much. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Its a good law, if not a bit barbaric.
    Ah, its fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, its fantastic!
    -_^ :eek: Yes, they certainly did things properly in those days... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, its fantastic!
    lol, what is fantastic?

ReputationRep:
    hmm.. This is interesting, and I've definitly seen it before, but considering this is the history thread on ukl.. I was wondering if anyone could.. possibly.. explain any of it. .. if not, its definitly interesting to just read.~Enjoy.

> > Have a history teacher explain
    > this----- if he can.
    > >
    > > Abraham Lincoln was elected to
    > Congress in 1846.
    > > John F. Kennedy was elected to
    > Congress in 1946.
    > >
    > > Abraham Lincoln was elected President
    > in 1860..
    > > John F. Kennedy was elected President
    > in 1960.
    > >
    > > Both were particularly concerned with
    > civil rights.
    > > Both wives lost their children while
    > living in the White House.
    > >
    > > Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
    > > Both Presidents were shot in the head.
    > >
    > > Now it gets really weird.
    > >
    > > Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
    > > Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.
    > >
    > > Both were assassinated by Southerners.
    > > Both were succeeded by Southerners
    > named Johnson.
    > >
    > > Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln,
    > was born in 1808.
    > > Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy,
    > was born in 1908.
    > >
    > > John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated
    > Lincoln, was born in 1839.
    > > Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated
    > Kennedy, was born in 1939.
    > >
    > > Both assassins were known by their
    > three names.
    > > Both names are composed of fifteen
    > letters.
    > >
    > > Now hang on to your seat.
    > >
    > > Lincoln was shot at the theater named
    > 'Ford..'
    > > Kennedy was shot in a car called
    > 'Lincoln' made by 'Ford.'
    > >
    > > Lincoln was shot in a theater and his
    > assassin ran and hid in
    > > a warehouse.
    > > Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and
    > his assassin ran and
    > > hid in a theater.
    > >
    > > Booth and Oswald were assassinated
    > before their trials.
    > >
    > >
    > > And here's the kicker...
    > >
    > > A week before Lincoln was shot, he was
    > in Monroe, Maryland
    > > A week before Kennedy was shot, he was
    > with Marilyn Monroe.

ReputationRep:
    Woah! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Woah! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Funniest thing happened to me today (or perhaps it seems funny becuase im so tired? anyhow...) At my Gym they are having an "Olymipc" theme... reason obvious... anyway, in the change rooms they have up pictures of what they supposed were greek art.

I was so very sorry to tell them that four were Etruscan, Two were Roman and the other one was Minoan... Not one greek piece among them!

ReputationRep:
    Funniest thing happened to me today (or perhaps it seems funny becuase im so tired? anyhow...) At my Gym they are having an "Olymipc" theme... reason obvious... anyway, in the change rooms they have up pictures of what they supposed were greek art.

I was so very sorry to tell them that four were Etruscan, Two were Roman and the other one was Minoan... Not one greek piece among them!
    Rofl!!! That is funny actually... But I'm tired too How's your dissertation going?

ReputationRep:
    Rofl!!! That is funny actually... But I'm tired too How's your dissertation going?
    Ive changed my topic so that im now only doing Etruscan and Egyptian tombs, makes it a lot easier on me!

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to start a Masters in History. And I've been doing it just about all my academic life.

Can I join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linin)
    I'm about to start a Masters in History. And I've been doing it just about all my academic life.

Can I join?
    Of course. Welcome What topic are you going to do for your masters?

Since there are some other subject societies about, I thought it would be fitting to have a UKL History Society. I know a few people will be interested, so if you want to join, please reply or pm me. Everyone who's interested in History is welcome, not just those studying it at school or at university.
    Could I join please? History is my favourite subject.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.