Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Could I join please? History is my favourite subject.
    You're in. Welcome

(Original post by B00kwOrm)
    You're in. Welcome
    Oh thank you, that was a fast response, these forums move so fast.

So what do we do exactly once in this society?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Oh thank you, that was a fast response, these forums move so fast.

So what do we do exactly once in this society?
    lol, as far as I can tell, we sit here and talk about any history-related subject that comes up. It was suggested that more history-themed threads be developed a while back, but I can't seem to find the post.. anyways, welcome, I hope you have fun, both new members. If you have any questions, be sure to ask, most people on this thread are happy to oblidge.

(Original post by drago di giada)
    lol, as far as I can tell, we sit here and talk about any history-related subject that comes up. It was suggested that more history-themed threads be developed a while back, but I can't seem to find the post.. anyways, welcome, I hope you have fun, both new members. If you have any questions, be sure to ask, most people on this thread are happy to oblidge.
    Ok then, I think I'll have more questions to ask when I go to sixth form, unless during the holidays I get a sudden urge to know all about Italy in the second world war, but I don't envision that happening. I do with there were more history threads, there's a special maths forum and I know nothing about that, and the only science I'm going to be doing is physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Ok then, I think I'll have more questions to ask when I go to sixth form, unless during the holidays I get a sudden urge to know all about Italy in the second world war, but I don't envision that happening. I do with there were more history threads, there's a special maths forum and I know nothing about that, and the only science I'm going to be doing is physics.
    Where you are... you're not required to take a certain amount of math classes? Like.. I'm a highschool student and we have to have at LEAST 3 years of maths to graduate. E/Lit.. its 4 years, Sciences its 3 years.. etc.

Where you are... you're not required to take a certain amount of math classes? Like.. I'm a highschool student and we have to have at LEAST 3 years of maths to graduate. E/Lit.. its 4 years, Sciences its 3 years.. etc.
    Well I did maths and science at GCSE, but the only one of them I'm doing for AS is physics, and that's good enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Well I did maths and science at GCSE, but the only one of them I'm doing for AS is physics, and that's good enough.
    lol, I love doing genetics. Its so much fun!
    But I hate math, its like.. ok.. when.. am i going to use proofs in life? WHEN?!?!

ReputationRep:
    But I hate math, its like.. ok.. when.. am i going to use proofs in life? WHEN?!?!
    argh all sciences are eeviilllll!!! apart from geology because thats fun and possible biology, although i found that incredibly difficult - especially genetics!! actually, come to think of it, i found history pretty hard...ohhhhh 24 hours and 32 mins people till results!!!

I didn't really like genetics, never have to do biology again; a good feeling.

As I said somewhere else today, it's not about the fact you're going to use the maths, but it proves you can handle something of that difficulty, as maths is such a hard subject.

ReputationRep:
    I find genetics really interesting, and I love history...which is why I'm doing Anthropology at uni, seeing as it combines the both in a way. And social history, that is the best.

(Original post by pikaboo)
    I find genetics really interesting, and I love history...which is why I'm doing Anthropology at uni, seeing as it combines the both in a way. And social history, that is the best.
    I sucked at genetics, maybe thats why I disliked it; haploid, diploid - what the frigging hell is the difference? (Oh and please don't actually answer that.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I sucked at genetics, maybe thats why I disliked it; haploid, diploid - what the frigging hell is the difference? (Oh and please don't actually answer that.)
    I can't answer because I don't know I was going to take Biology for A level, but wasn't too keen on the other parts of it...plants have never really fascinated me.

I can't answer because I don't know I was going to take Biology for A level, but wasn't too keen on the other parts of it...plants have never really fascinated me.
    My sister did biology, got a D and dropped it, she said it was really boring. I like the human body stuff like the heart and digestive system, but that's all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlord)
    argh all sciences are eeviilllll!!! apart from geology because thats fun and possible biology, although i found that incredibly difficult - especially genetics!! actually, come to think of it, i found history pretty hard...ohhhhh 24 hours and 32 mins people till results!!!
    geez.. Biology, I thought, was the most boring subject! I couldn't keep my eyes open through that class, and I still managed to get a 96% on my regents.. what does that tell you? *rolls eyes* dumb class. Geology is fun yes, I've always had an obsession with rocks, fossils... etc. And I'm inclined to agree that all sciences are evil... but I still don't mind doing genetics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I didn't really like genetics, never have to do biology again; a good feeling.

As I said somewhere else today, it's not about the fact you're going to use the maths, but it proves you can handle something of that difficulty, as maths is such a hard subject.
    Eh.. I'm in an advanced math class.. its not THAT difficult. But then again, it all depends on the person, as well as, the teacher who is teaching. I found courses 1, 2, & 3 to be extremely easy. And if calc is anything like its said to be, I'll pass with flying colors once again. I just think its a dumb class. Of course its to try to gague how good our problem-solving skills are but its still a stupid class(es)

ReputationRep:
    lol, all my classes this year except calc, choir, MSH (in a way does have something to do with history in general), and eng/lit, all revolve around history. Literature of WWII and vietnam, AMH, etc. I'm getting as much of my history done before I hit uni.. THAT way I have more room for the religion classes that I'm going to have to take if I get into NU.

ReputationRep:
    lol, its a required course here. I HAD to take it. We disected frogs, I was ___ this far from throwing up. My best friend who was my partner was like.. SWEET!! So I let her do the cutting! Eck.. I can still smell the preservatives! We were supposed to disect baby pigs, thankfully we didn't, because I would've taken a 0 on it.. I told my teacher that its against my morals.. heh. But if I go into AP-Bio I'll have to disect cats! eck!

Eh.. I'm in an advanced math class.. its not THAT difficult. But then again, it all depends on the person, as well as, the teacher who is teaching. I found courses 1, 2, & 3 to be extremely easy. And if calc is anything like its said to be, I'll pass with flying colors once again. I just think its a dumb class. Of course its to try to gague how good our problem-solving skills are but its still a stupid class(es)
    I don't find maths that hard either, but it is renown as being on of the hardest subjects, some people are just lucky and naturally good at it.

I still find history easier though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I don't find maths that hard either, but it is renown as being on of the hardest subjects, some people are just lucky and naturally good at it.

I still find history easier though.
    I love history.. its my fav subject.. and my best too.. second only to eng/lit.. and thats because I'm a huge book worm.

I love history.. its my fav subject.. and my best too.. second only to eng/lit.. and thats because I'm a huge book worm.
    I don't read much, been reading LotR since about September, though I'm nearly finished, whey! I only want A's in GCSE english really, and I wont be doing it for AS; history is definitely my favourite subject, it's what I'm planning on doing at uni, though a lot can change before then.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.