Turn on thread page Beta

The UKL History Society (UKL HistSoc) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissShine)
    2nd Unit-James I and the making of the Stuart Monarchy 1603-1625
    5th unit-The causes of the English Civil War,The execution of Charles I and The rule of Oliver Cromwell
    I did those units for AS and A2 - I found them interesting, especially James I - there's a lot of background information about his personality that will come in useful. Hope you enjoy them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    I did those units for AS and A2 - I found them interesting, especially James I - there's a lot of background information about his personality that will come in useful. Hope you enjoy them
    Yeah I think I'll enjoy them.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any websites about Lloyed George?
    Not ones about telling his life history of course:rolleyes: but one in which analysis' whether he was a 'great' prime minister or not? I tried looking last night, but i couldn't find anything. if not, can any recommend any good books?

ReputationRep:
    US hist/gov this year.. *rolls eyes* FUN! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Just had my first lesson of History at As today.I now know what people mean by saying it's a big step from GCSE, but I think I can do it.And it was the first subject to give me homework.

My AS history is;

Module one - The rise of the Nazis, from Weimar Republic until...WW2, obviously. I did this at GCSE so I should be ok with it.

Module Two - The rise of the Bolsheviks and communism in Russia, I did that at GCSE for coursework so once again, that may help.

Coursework - Faschist Italy during WW2, totally new to me, hopefully it'll be alright.

ReputationRep:
    Being an A level history student studying Victorian Britain and (currently) Mussolini's Italy, plus my being very knowledgeable on and loving history - I'd like to join the society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will)
    Being an A level history student studying Victorian Britain and (currently) Mussolini's Italy, plus my being very knowledgeable on and loving history - I'd like to join the society.
    Ahh!!! Following me!! AHH!!! *lifts hands above head and says in a small voice* DOOM!

ReputationRep:
    I like the A2 History course at the mo.

US Civil War & Facism in Italy (Mussolini)

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the Unification of Germany at the mo, it's not the most reverting topic but it's alright.

I'm really likeing studying James I though.

ReputationRep:
    my a-level history course wasn't the most interesting..

As
    germany from weimar to 1939
    then coldwar, deoclonsation, europe and ww2

A Level
    personal study
    the changing nature of warfare 1756 - 1914
    Lenin

ReputationRep:
    i have to write an essay on british empire assett or liability, for a/s, has anyone does before, and can send me it, or have any links because i have no info for it

thanks

(Original post by charlord)
    my a-level history course wasn't the most interesting..

As
    germany from weimar to 1939
    That's what I'm doing right now.

ReputationRep:
    Im a great lover of history! Please can I join???!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowJo)
    Im a great lover of history! Please can I join???!!!
    I'll sign you up

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to start my law degree so I'm afraid I won't be on here very often, so I won't be able to sign up new members. So if someone wants to take over from me and carry on the list, you're more than welcome! Or we could just forget about the list... I intended it to be an open society anyway, in which everyone with an interest in history can take part.

Please let me know what you think!

ReputationRep:
    IMO...Do away with the list. If this is supposed to be an "open" society then by all means, do away with it. THAT way anyone with a love of history can just say, "hey, I'm in." And put it in their sig..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    That's what I'm doing right now.
    hehe well if u want any help - just pm me i did my coursework on hitler too

ReputationRep:
    History Forum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    History Forum!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 28, 2005

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.