The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
LittleMissShine
2nd Unit-James I and the making of the Stuart Monarchy 1603-1625
5th unit-The causes of the English Civil War,The execution of Charles I and The rule of Oliver Cromwell

I did those units for AS and A2 - I found them interesting, especially James I - there's a lot of background information about his personality that will come in useful. Hope you enjoy them :smile:
pikaboo
I did those units for AS and A2 - I found them interesting, especially James I - there's a lot of background information about his personality that will come in useful. Hope you enjoy them :smile:

Yeah I think I'll enjoy them.
Does anyone know any websites about Lloyed George?
Not ones about telling his life history of course:rolleyes: but one in which analysis' whether he was a 'great' prime minister or not? I tried looking last night, but i couldn't find anything. if not, can any recommend any good books?
US hist/gov this year.. *rolls eyes* FUN! :mad:
Just had my first lesson of History at As today.I now know what people mean by saying it's a big step from GCSE, but I think I can do it.And it was the first subject to give me homework.
My AS history is;

Module one - The rise of the Nazis, from Weimar Republic until...WW2, obviously. I did this at GCSE so I should be ok with it.

Module Two - The rise of the Bolsheviks and communism in Russia, I did that at GCSE for coursework so once again, that may help.

Coursework - Faschist Italy during WW2, totally new to me, hopefully it'll be alright. :smile:
Being an A level history student studying Victorian Britain and (currently) Mussolini's Italy, plus my being very knowledgeable on and loving history - I'd like to join the society. :smile:
Will
Being an A level history student studying Victorian Britain and (currently) Mussolini's Italy, plus my being very knowledgeable on and loving history - I'd like to join the society. :smile:

Ahh!!! Following me!! AHH!!! *lifts hands above head and says in a small voice* DOOM!
Reply 348
I like the A2 History course at the mo.

US Civil War & Facism in Italy (Mussolini)
I'm doing the Unification of Germany at the mo, it's not the most reverting topic but it's alright.

I'm really likeing studying James I though.
Reply 350
my a-level history course wasn't the most interesting..

As
germany from weimar to 1939
then coldwar, deoclonsation, europe and ww2

A Level
personal study
the changing nature of warfare 1756 - 1914
Lenin
Reply 351
i have to write an essay on british empire assett or liability, for a/s, has anyone does before, and can send me it, or have any links because i have no info for it

thanks
charlord
my a-level history course wasn't the most interesting..

As
germany from weimar to 1939

That's what I'm doing right now. :smile:
Reply 353
:biggrin: Im a great lover of history! Please can I join???!!!
Reply 354
RainbowJo
:biggrin: Im a great lover of history! Please can I join???!!!

I'll sign you up :smile:
Reply 355
I'm about to start my law degree so I'm afraid I won't be on here very often, so I won't be able to sign up new members. So if someone wants to take over from me and carry on the list, you're more than welcome! :biggrin: Or we could just forget about the list... I intended it to be an open society anyway, in which everyone with an interest in history can take part.

Please let me know what you think! :smile:
IMO...Do away with the list. If this is supposed to be an "open" society then by all means, do away with it. THAT way anyone with a love of history can just say, "hey, I'm in." And put it in their sig..
Reply 357
Swing
That's what I'm doing right now. :smile:

hehe well if u want any help - just pm me :smile: i did my coursework on hitler too
Reply 358
Lord Huntroyde

:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending