The Student Room Group

Share your gcse results 2014!

Hope you all did well and got the grades you wanted, share your results. It will help give me motivation to do well in my gcse's this year!

Scroll to see replies

Hellooo!! Here's some inspiration - just work hard, if you go to a good school, always pay attention, if you don't (like me), start self teaching, because our teachers didn't even finish the course by the time exams were in reach and make sure to use your exam boards specification: Play their game

GOOD LUCK MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR!

Maths A*
Geography A*
ICT A*
RE A*
Spanish A*
English Lit A*
Triple Science A* A* A*
English Language A*
Original post by AlphaNick
English Language A*
English Literature A*
Mathematics A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
History A*
Geography A*
Computing A*
Spanish A
Chinese (Mandarin) A*

before you shout at me for boasting just be aware that I worked literally so hard for these grades

Well done! You said it - Hard work goes a long way.
Reply 3
I did 2 going into year 11 now.. But maths A* Religious studies A* :wink:
Reply 4
English Language A*
English Literature A*
Mathematics A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
History A*
Geography A*
Computing A*
Spanish A
Chinese (Mandarin) A*

before you shout at me for boasting just be aware that I worked literally so hard for these grades

Original post by Nerdypants98
Hellooo!! Here's some inspiration - just work hard, if you go to a good school, always pay attention, if you don't (like me), start self teaching, because our teachers didn't even finish the course by the time exams were in reach and make sure to use your exam boards specification: Play their game

GOOD LUCK MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR!

Maths A*
Geography A*
ICT A*
RE A*
Spanish A*
English Lit A*
Triple Science A* A* A*
English Language A*

WOW you guys must be naturally gifted or something.. What A levels?
Reply 5
Latin - A...

Rest still to come..
Reply 6
physics maths further maths chemistry and chinese (mandarin) - and im not naturally gifted i just work hard and logically

Good luck ! And can you give any specific revision tips for triple science, foreign languages and double english? I need A*'s in science for medical school :frown: and I have a feeling I'll do pretty badly in French and English tbh so any help would be greatly appreciated xD
Well, Im just here to make AlphaNick look even smarter :wink:

Maths: A
English lang: A
English Lit: A
Geography: A*
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: A*
Business Studies: A
ICT: A
Religion: A*
Astronomy: A
French: B
Reply 8
Original post by AdamCee
Latin - A...

Rest still to come..

Gz ggwp
Reply 9
Original post by Angelo12231
Well, Im just here to make AlphaNick look even smarter :wink:

Maths: A
English lang: A
English Lit: A
Geography: A*
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: A*
Business Studies: A
ICT: A
Religion: A*
Astronomy: A
French: B

Ggwp no rematch
Original post by vd12345
Ggwp no rematch

I dont like this game :frown:
For science type up your own revision notes, it helps a lot with learning them as you don't have to memorise CGP book facts, and you can extrapolate your notes from a variety of sources including your classwork and other research. CGP books alone won't help you develop an understanding.

For English, I did practice essays in the run-up to the exam and I ended up doing a practice essay for the very question which came up for AIC, and the OMAM side is easier since you're given half the answer in the text - it is just about developing a specific technique of writing what the examiners want to read. I winged English Language without any practice so I can't help there but you need to know the exact approach to each question.

Your explanation of each question helped a lot, Thank you.
Original post by vd12345
Good luck ! And can you give any specific revision tips for triple science, foreign languages and double english? I need A*'s in science for medical school :frown: and I have a feeling I'll do pretty badly in French and English tbh so any help would be greatly appreciated xD

For science use the cpg books and the exam boards specification.(aqa is particularly good, I'm not too sure about the others.) Do EVERY past paper available. For english make sure your controlled assessments are as high as you can get them and read the examiners reports. Again past papers are great, but get your teachers to mark them and give you tips on how to improve. For French ask for examples of a* phrases and put these into your controlled assessment. Use at least 4 tenses. For vocab just check the exam boards specification and memorize those words. Hope that's enough:wink:
Original post by joecaverly
For science use the cpg books and the exam boards specification.(aqa is particularly good, I'm not too sure about the others.) Do EVERY past paper available. For english make sure your controlled assessments are as high as you can get them and read the examiners reports. Again past papers are great, but get your teachers to mark them and give you tips on how to improve. For French ask for examples of a* phrases and put these into your controlled assessment. Use at least 4 tenses. For vocab just check the exam boards specification and memorize those words. Hope that's enough:wink:

For science type up your own revision notes, it helps a lot with learning them as you don't have to memorise CGP book facts, and you can extrapolate your notes from a variety of sources including your classwork and other research. CGP books alone won't help you develop an understanding.

For English, I did practice essays in the run-up to the exam and I ended up doing a practice essay for the very question which came up for AIC, and the OMAM side is easier since you're given half the answer in the text - it is just about developing a specific technique of writing what the examiners want to read. I winged English Language without any practice so I can't help there but you need to know the exact approach to each question.

Thank you genius
Maths- A*
IGCSE Maths
(It contains C1+C3 work, and problems are trickier)- A*
English Language-A*
English Lit-A*
Biology-A*
Physics-A*
Chemistry-A*
French-A*
Geography-A*
History-A*
Music-A*
RE-A*
Dutch-A*

Bear in mind that I did have a revision timetable during the exam season so I could cover the content!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by WinterApproaches
Maths- A*
IGCSE Maths
(It contains C1+C3 work, and problems are trickier)- A*
English Language-A*
English Lit-A*
Biology-A*
Physics-A*
Chemistry-A*
French-A*
Geography-A*
History-A*
Music-A*
RE-A*
Dutch-A*

Bear in mind that I did have a revision timetable during the exam season so I could cover the content!

Nicee gj and also I've been wanting to learn dutch for a while even though I'm not doing it for GCSE at school.. Are there any revision books/resources or general tips you would give to someone wishing to learn dutch? I would love to take it as an additional gcse privately in year 12 or 13 xD thanks
Original post by Nerdypants98

Exactly what's going on with me right now. We haven't even reached anywhere near the end of unit 2 in any of the sciences so self-teach it is.
Maths A*
Additional Maths (covers most of C1, C2 and some other A level content) A (the top grade)
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
English Language A*
English Literature A*
French A*
Latin A*
Music A*
Drama A*

Seriously, I'm nothing special; and people like me aren't either.

Just keep your head down and do the work- if you don't understand, ask straight away: if your teachers are crap, do your own work out of lessons- get revision guides and stuff. Do papers nice and early to judge where you are and work through the specification to know exactly what you need to know.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by danconway
Maths A*
Additional Maths (covers most of C1, C2 and some other A level content) A (the top grade)
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
English Language A*
English Literature A*
French A*
Latin A*
Music A*
Drama A*

Seriously, I'm nothing special; and people like me aren't either.

Just keep your head down and do the work- if you don't understand, ask straight away: if your teachers are crap, do your own work out of lessons- get revision guides and stuff. Do papers nice and early to judge where you are and work through the specification to know exactly what you need to know.

But everyone is special in their own special way. At least that's what I tell myself ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest